intake tube to small

sheff2720

Nov 30, 2003
Horsham, PA
just put a 70mm throttle body on and now the tube going from the MAF to the throttle body acctually fits inside the throttle body.. i went to a local speed shop to see if they had any tubes that would fit and all they had was the peice that i already have.. whatd u guys do with urs.. need suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

sheff2720 said:
just put a 70mm throttle body on and now the tube going from the MAF to the throttle body acctually fits inside the throttle body.. i went to a local speed shop to see if they had any tubes that would fit and all they had was the peice that i already have.. whatd u guys do with urs.. need suggestions

either you dont have a 70mm tb or your tube is some freak peice. im running a 75mm tb and still use the stock ruber tube.......sounds almost as if you have a 90mm unit.....?

Kid wita 5oh said:
either you dont have a 70mm tb or your tube is some freak peice. im running a 75mm tb and still use the stock ruber tube.......sounds almost as if you have a 90mm unit.....?

im possative its 70mm.. im not using the stock tube im using the tube that came with the MAC fenderwell kit.. should i just go back to the stock tube? id much rather be able to use a nice chrome tube though.. anyone kno of any that will work?

hm....ive also seen people run the mac cai with larger tbs(75mm) so i would just give it another try, get a small flat blade screw driver and work the silicone tube over the tb.........it'll be tight the first time but then it should form to the new tb after a few heat cycles...good luck

Kid wita 5oh said:
hm....ive also seen people run the mac cai with larger tbs(75mm) so i would just give it another try, get a small flat blade screw driver and work the silicone tube over the tb.........it'll be tight the first time but then it should form to the new tb after a few heat cycles...good luck

aight ill give it another try.. thanks

just go to your local hardware store and get a pipe reducer... Something like a 3 1/2" to 3"....I dont know the size off hand, and its not gonna be as pretty as the one you have but it will get the job done.