Roush Interesting to say the least

• Sponsors (?)

See, i like the yellow piping, i've seen seats that way on a white saleen that had yellow and gray door stripes.

The yellow on the outside confuses me, i can't tell if i like it or hate it. At first look, i like it, but on the other hand if i had a real saleen fox, i wouldn't want it to be yellow. I guess i like it but am glad it someone elses.

I don't mind it, strip the side stripes and put a set of yellow 3pc Sterns on it. Why are people too lazy to paint the engine bay when they go through the trouble of paying for a nice new paint job?

I like it, but don't really get why you would spend that amount of money restoring it, and not keep it the original colors. :shrug:

If you want to make your car "your own", why start with something somewhat rare? He could have easily bought a really nice Fox to do that to.

I agree.

3 piece yellow Sterns would be nice too!

I agree 100% about the engine compartment. With a few tools and a cherry picker, it's not rocket science.

The only way to justify painting and re-doing that car a custom color is if you swear you will be taking the car to your grave with you. Otherwise, if the guy had spent the same amount of money restoring it, he would be closer into the ballpark of what he wants to get out of it. :(

Well, is there such a thing as a real yellow fox saleen?

If not, i guess he wanted a yellow one, and he wanted a real one, and this was the only way it can be done.

When I briefly resided in Wichita, KS & attended shows in OK & MO, there was a guy from MO who regularly attended those same shows with an '89 Saleen that he had repainted Calypso Green, which was the same color as my then-new 1994 Mercury Tracer station wagon.
It is a beautiful shade of green IMHO & my Tracer always received compliments on the color.
As for it being appropriate for a Saleen, it actually looked pretty good with the gray interior & gray 5-spoke ARE wheels.
But just like this yellow one, color changes are always a personal choice.

Call me wierd, but I like everything about the car. Granted, it is not a factory color and that's a bummer, but I think it looks nice. Then again I own a Violet car where many people wouldn't (but it is the factory color)! I agree that I would have painted the engine compartment to match, but you have to admit that the guy did a pretty good job tieing everything together. The yellow looks good with the grey/silver stripes, especially with the grey interior. I think he did an nice job. Reserve is apparently met at 14.2K. Looks like he's going to get his money out of it. Good on him... :nice: