Interrior Access through Firewall?

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys...this might be a good one for sound and shine but I'd like some quicker replies since I'm doing it this weekend....I need to run a power cable for my stereo and I was wondering if I'd need to drill a hole in my firewall....or if there's already a spot on the firewall that I can run the cable through. If I have to unfortunately wind up drilling...Where's a good spot? I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't have to drill. Thanks in advance...

• Sponsors (?)

Nik_92Stang said:
Hey guys...this might be a good one for sound and shine but I'd like some quicker replies since I'm doing it this weekend....I need to run a power cable for my stereo and I was wondering if I'd need to drill a hole in my firewall....or if there's already a spot on the firewall that I can run the cable through. If I have to unfortunately wind up drilling...Where's a good spot? I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't have to drill. Thanks in advance...

When I installed my autometer guages I ran a bunch of wires through the firewall and didn't have to drill. Look in your engine bay, there should be a large rubber grommet on the driver side, a couple inches in and a couple inches down, I ran my wires through this. I know that a crappy description but if you do a search on guage install or firewall, something like that I know there was a pic posted of it at one time.

the grommet to the immediate left of the brake booster? The one in the pic with the clear/brown striped hose running out of it?...Thanks!

attachment.php