Introduction?

Dave00GT

Aug 17, 2004
New Jersey
I'm new (obviously) here at Stangnet, and I wasn't sure if people did introductions around here or not?

Anyway, my name is Dave, I'm from New Jersey. I recently purchased a 2000 Ford Mustang GT. Silver, 5 spd. with grey leather interior, 40k miles. Funny thing is I wasn't really in the market for a car. I have a 2000 Dodge Ram pickup truck with 6 inches of lift and 35" tires which until this point, has been my daily driver. But with rising gas prices and my upcoming release from Active Duty (Coast Guard) , I was "window shopping" for Mustangs. I wanted the newer body style Mustang and I came across some very nice cars but I was planning on paying off my truck first before I bought a car. Then I came across my Mustang. Adult owned, garaged and just plain babied. It still had the dust covers on the wheels. It had been sitting on the dealer lot for about a month and went from $13,500 to $12,999 to $11,999 before I came in and offered $11,500 tax included. Being a car mechanic for 3 years, the only reason I could come up with for why the car sat there for a month was people buying trucks and suv's for winter and Mustang lovers holding out for the '05 's. The car checked out real clean and is in excellent condition. So far I'm extremely happy about the deal. Now I've got two vehicle payments :bang: But it was worth it :nice:

So for now the car is bone stock, but I just ordered a hood scoop for it, because I like the way the newer hoods look. Later on down the road (after one of the vehicles is paid off) I plan on installing the "Shaker" system, exhaust and maybe a few other things. Right now the car is my daily driver so I don't want to do anything to compromise my fuel economy or reliability.

I look forward to being a member here, glad I found this place! :)

• Sponsors (?)

stang976 said:
congrats on the stang! CMANT what mods did you have in mind?

I don't think yall can adjust your timing without the kit, but you can remove the air silencer, do some weight reduction, and cheap mods include homemade CAI, and maybe some pulleys or something. Then again, there is the almighty NOS sticker that adds 40 hp right off the bat! :D

J/K about the sticker by the way.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I don't plan on keeping it stock that long. :D

The big mods I want to do later on down the road, like the Shaker System, new wheels etc. For the time being, I'm looking into an exhaust and a few other things. If there is some info out there on mods that are really cheap and easy to do, then I'm definitely game! I just don't want to do anything crazy that would take away from the fuel economy or reliability. Underdrive pulleys are definitely a must. Let me ask, what have some of you guys run or heard of a GT running in a 1/4 mile stock? Thanks guys

Yeah I read somewhere, I think it was Motor Trend, where they rated the GT at 14.0 stock. My friend here at work has an EVO, granted for a little 4 banger, its pretty quick. But its not naturally aspirated (so not really a fair race). Well tonight he took me for a ride in it, and its quick. Then I took him for a ride in mine. Then we blocked off the street here at work (Military road, so no big deal :D ) and we raced for what was probably 1 or 2 tenths of a mile. Not a very far distance, but we get bored here at work so we set up there little staged races. Off the line, he got a pretty good jump considering his tires are bald. By the end of our mark where we need to slow down before we run out of room, my nose was even with the middle of his door. Not sure what would have played out in the 1/4, but I'm positive he would have beaten me. Hard to swallow a 4 cyl. beating up a V8, but if my engine had a turbo too, he wouldn't see anything but rubber on his windshield. :D I'm supposed to go to the track with a bunch of guys here from work, so I'll see what I can get her to run stock before I touch anything. Just curious what other guys were pulling. Thanks