invention

hi,

i have an idea for invention, it's really good, for a tool specific to an industry, not automotive. it will save companies decent money and homeowners time and trouble. i will be extremely upset if i see it on t.v. or in the stores and i'm not getting paid for it. what do i do? i know i should patent my idea, but what does that really do? what if someone came up with a similar idea, but different in some ways to mine? would they be able to market it?

also, who could i get to work on the design for me? would that person end up giving me blueprints that i could take to a machinist? i don't want to make some corporation rich off of my idea. it would be an electro-mechanical device. how would i keep the designer from stealing my idea?

thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

charlies said:
hi,

i have an idea for invention, it's really good, for a tool specific to an industry, not automotive. it will save companies decent money and homeowners time and trouble. i will be extremely upset if i see it on t.v. or in the stores and i'm not getting paid for it. what do i do? i know i should patent my idea, but what does that really do? what if someone came up with a similar idea, but different in some ways to mine? would they be able to market it?

also, who could i get to work on the design for me? would that person end up giving me blueprints that i could take to a machinist? i don't want to make some corporation rich off of my idea. it would be an electro-mechanical device. how would i keep the designer from stealing my idea?

thanks in advance.

YOu can't patent ideas..it has to be tangible