Ipod locked up - need help

• Sponsors (?)

yup...plug it into the computer...(or if it is already pluged in)... un plug it after 30 sec's or so and then hold the center button down till it shuts off...mine took about 3 mins to shut off...but i never paid for my music :D

Boy did i....i bought a used one and had this happen constantly. Have you tried to reboot it? Hold down the center button and play at the same time until it reboots. Try that and see what happens. Sometimes that's all it needs....mine did it repeatedly but luckily it was under warranty and i got it replaced for free and the new one hasn't given me any problems. Also make sure you're on the latest software update through iTunes.

I hate ipods.

I thought that too until my buddy bought one of those Sansa's....this POS freezes up every time you try to transfer songs to it. He's returned it (literally) 6 times and every one does it straight from the package. I've updated the firmware and even tried it on another PC. I'll take my iPod over that crap any day.

I actually got mine for free from work,it was a gift. I probably would never have bought one, but once I had it, I got the adapter for my JVC and love it. Nothing wrong with any other mp3 player as long as it works. I bought my boys a 1 g MUVO Creative mp3 player. It's a glorified flash drive, but it works for them.