Is it ok to drive?

Sogwap55

Dec 30, 2008
Columbus OH
So I dropped the Mustang off to get the pypes o/r H pipe put on today and my question is this. I know it's gonna throw a CEL light but would it still be ok to drive for a couple weeks before I can order the Xcal 3? I was gonna do it all at once but was too excited to wait for the Xcal. lol

Should sound MEAN now with the o/r H and Bassani ab....! ( hopefully )

• Sponsors (?)

I don't believe it matters in the least. To the best of my knowledge, all the tuner does is turn off the rear O2 sensors thus removing the CEL. I'm sure I am probably wrong, but I believe I did the same for like a week or two.

Got the H on and all I can say is WOW, talk about a difference in tone and depth of sound! This is def one of my favorite mods so far....

I think I burned 8 gallons of gas driving home ( 17 miles ) just slowing down and revving it a bit to hear the roar....lol

I just put the pypes beast setup on with the same o/r pipe. I'm saving up for the SCT tuner. Will driving this cause any long term effects without a tune or will it just cause the CEL to come on? And will just disconnecting the battery reset it after I tune it??

you'll be fine for drive it...I put nearly 20k miles on mine with no issues and the car with only axle back and o/r x-pipe went 13.3@104 so i'd guess it ran okay too. I'm not the only one to do their either, goes the previous generation mustangs too.