Is there a market for used parts?

67FBack

Feb 27, 2006
New Braunfels, TX
Is there a market for used parts, and where would be the best place to sell all of them.

Where can I get an idea of what these parts are REALLY worth?

I realize that there is a Classified Forum here, but does it get a lot of traffic?

I am doing a complete Eleanor/Super Snake restomod from a 1967 Fastback AT 289 car. All the old part look OK, some look very good and I know that some are worthless (like drum brakes).

I just pulled off the original 67 (I believe) hood off. It has the emblem, trim, turn signal lights and the wiring harness. None of which are new.

I also have the complete front grill (part look new/recently replaced), Valance, Fenders, bumper, radiator, 289 (20K miles since rebuild, needs carb rebuilt), PS, C4 drive-train, front end (drums), rear end, etc to be for sale shortly. Should be great for anybody going back to original and/or a wrecked front end.

So where would be the best place to sell?

• Sponsors (?)

Ask your local parts supplier if you can post your parts list. I don't know who's close to you, but here in CT, Mustangs Unlimited has a board filled with cars and parts for sale. Not sure how fast they move, but I'm sure you'd prefer to unload the larger parts (which makes up most of you're list) locally, rather than having to deal with packing and shipping.

When building my clone, I started with a pretty nice car and was able to quickly clean out my garage on ebay. I sold my headlight assemblies, grille, front marker lights, trunk lid and end caps, roof vents and several other small parts to help pay for more stuff I needed. You'd be shocked at what some of your cast-off parts will bring. I have found that it really helps to clean the parts, and also take as nice a picture as possible. Nobody wants to shell out top dollar for a fuzzy picture of dirty parts.