Is there a Stainless Catted H pipe out there for me?

281CI96Coupe

Oct 30, 2006
I've been looking and I really want to swap out my UPR Catted X for a SS Catted H unit. I couldn't find any for the 96-98 GT's. I really want my Mac Catback to come alive it sounds good, but once you get higher into the rpm band, it sounds different. I guess you can say i got tired of it. Any suggestions?

-Nate

side note: I live up in Northern Jersey, its strict up here with road side inspection trucks on the go.

• Sponsors (?)

Umm, a catted H or o/r H will not help the sound in the higher rpm band. Mine sound pretty much the same with the o/r H.

What will change that stupid snuffed up noise is PI stuff. If you still ahve nonpi heads and intake on your car than once you get into the higher rpm range it will sound like it cant breathe which it cant.

Thats why stock 99-04+ gt's with exhaust sound alot better exhaust wise in higher rpm ranges.

I searched long & hard for a stainless catted H when i had my 97 & I could never find one. MRT is the only company i know of that makes a stainless cattd H but its only for 99-04 stangs. Honestly I used to be all about stainless & I spent big bucks on exhaust then I realized that aluminized is just fine & will save u a lot of money for more mods... I suggest a Mac catted H or Mac o/r H. I have Mac o/r H pipes on both my 95 & 03, & they are great for the price IMO.... Mac sells an aluminized catted H for your car for $369..

I guess with u living in New Jersey though, the stainless factor might be inportant due to rust issues, but I dont have to worry about that here in Cali!!!

U could get an off road H & cut the cuts out of your X pipe & weld them into the H pipe to save some cash....

Yup, MRT makes the only stainless catted H. I have it, its expensive but worth it. I actually use to have the mac catback paired up with it. Sounded very good. Best chambered combo in my opinion.

Yup, MRT makes the only stainless catted H. I have it, its expensive but worth it. I actually use to have the mac catback paired up with it. Sounded very good. Best chambered combo in my opinion.

I previously had the MRT catted H pipe too, prior to the longtubes, & I loved it. It was the best quality midpipe I've ever had & the sound was awesome with the Bassani mufflers. It sucks they only make parts for new edge mustangs... I bet u could get one & make it fit a 96-98 with slight modification.... Too bad I just sold mine 2 weeks ago...