Is there any spoiler to this effect?

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
hey i was wondering if there was a spoiler or way to flabbergast:D one to give the ol fox this look.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6623/final15pf5.jpg

i call it a whale tail, but whatever its called i love this style on all cars even ricer civics,its very simple and yet at the same time screams bad arse! and its not an overkill wing or anything. Anyways i was just wondering how to go about this.
As we all know the angle on the trunk where spoiler mounts on a fox is very,well unforgiving for after market/universal wings.

possible? yay or nay :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Lets see, you have the Steeda wing.

Picture285.jpg

... and the old school 4 eye three peice. Ford Body Kits and Ground Effects - Xenon Body Kits for Ford Mustang 1979-93

e55f_3-1.jpg

Thats about as close to a ducktail spoiler you're going to get.

Attachments

• Picture285.jpg
    Picture285.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7,599
  • e55f_3-1.jpg
    e55f_3-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 8,098
steeda is not quite it. the old 4 eyed looks ok, need more pics different angels etc....i would imagine someone has put some unique wings on a fox so i'll wait and see what pops up!

ps. i love louvers btw!

I want to do this for my car. Might only look best on Notch's and Verts, but I think its pretty cool.

Guy said he got it from a Dodge Omni-Charger/ Plymouth Turismo (84-ish I believe)

2984960269_1ed95323f6_o.jpg

View attachment 294224
2985815928_111fbcb44f_o.jpg

Attachments

• 2984960269_1ed95323f6_o.jpg
    2984960269_1ed95323f6_o.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 2985815928_111fbcb44f_o.jpg
    2985815928_111fbcb44f_o.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,287
I've always thought the old 3 piece wings were the best looking stock wing they ever put on a hatch...but i'm betting i'm alone on this one :lol:

I think the closest you're going to get is going to be something like an aluminum drag wing painted to match the car, or something custom. It'd be easier to have the style that the white car has with a coupe since the trunk is flat....with a hatch, you're working with that downward slope so you can't just come straight off the trunk or it'll look funny.

I've always thought the old 3 piece wings were the best looking stock wing they ever put on a hatch...but i'm betting i'm alone on this one :lol:

Nope I 100% agree with you. To me nothing comes close to the "ducktail" 3 piece wing for the hatch. I really don't know why they went away from that. At least it looks like a spoiler and not a snow plow like the later lx wings.

yeah somethign isnt right, this thread should be generating more pics and intrest, im tired of seing the same wings COBRA or saleen on modded foxes,yes they look nice but i want something unique

I think spoilers are one of those Mustang taboos...with all the ricer wings out there, i think people stick to the safe options.

Its a show-and-go thing. There are only a few people who like the cars with no spoiler. Most people agree that you better have a baaad car to rock a sheet metal race wing or spoiler. For everybody else, the stock LX and GT pieces do just fine.

I do like the ducktail!

Ask and yee shall receive...o and don't pay attention to the rims..not my ride! I plan using this spoiler on my father-in-laws 91 hatch and my t-top cars.