Is this 10.1 compression ratio

HeavyBreather

Dec 2, 2006
I am wanting to get 10.1 or more. I have a 88 stock shortblock that is fresh with stock pistons stock deck height. I am putting a pair of heads that have a 58cc chamber on them. Will this give me the compression ratio I want? This car is a strip car only and will the e cam or tfs1, or 2 cam be the best. The car is a 5 speed with a 4.10 gear.

• Sponsors (?)

Using my compression calculator program...

If you are running a flat top pistion with the stock crank stroke and rod length..

58 cc heads and .025 thickness head gaskest should yeild you 10.7:1 compression.

so many variables can play into ur compression ratio though... but yes.. u should be in the 10:1 or better range. :nice:

I am wanting to get 10.1 or more. I have a 88 stock shortblock that is fresh with stock pistons stock deck height. I am putting a pair of heads that have a 58cc chamber on them. Will this give me the compression ratio I want? This car is a strip car only and will the e cam or tfs1, or 2 cam be the best. The car is a 5 speed with a 4.10 gear.
You need the following info to do a decent job of calculating the Static CR...
  • Combustion Chamber size
  • Piston Diameter
  • Height to 1st Ring
  • Deck Height
  • HG Thickness
  • Head Gasket Diameter
  • Dish Volume of Piston
  • Stroke
  • Cylinder Bore Diameter
This will give you Quench Height and CR.

I can email you my excel spreadsheet if you would like, or there are tons of calculators on-line.

The 'BEST' cam is going to be a custom grind.
Second best option is to have Jay Allen recommend an OTS cam.
Your third best option is what you have mentioned above.

good luck,
jason