is this clutch enough for my set up?

sick95gt

Sep 11, 2005
Las Vegas
I am looking at replacing my clutch, flywheel, and cable/quadrant. I just did my head swap and my car ran fine for 2 days, and then it started vibrating like crazy after a few burn outs. My old clutch was a few years old (Centerforce). Anyways, I pretty much narrowed it down to having to replace the clutch and flywheel, since the car vibrates with the pedal in and out, in gear or not, moving or not, etc. Plus, I replaced the balencer at the same time I did the head swap. I was looking at the King Cobra clutch, steel flywheel, and Steeda clutch cable, adjuster and quadrant. I need a soft pedal feel since I do mainly street driving and hate bumper to bumper traffic. This is not my daily driver, but I do like to drive it a few times a week. I don't plan on doing any other power adders anytime soon. The only other stuff I want to do is suspension stuff. Is this clutch ok? I hear a lot of good things about the KC clutch, but also hear good things about Spec. Which one would fit my combo better? I probably won't take it to the track, but I do want to have fun with it. And if I DO take it to the track, it would be very seldom. Oh, and what is the difference between and single hook quadrant and a double hook? Is it just an adjustability thing?

• Sponsors (?)

Dont forget something like a CF DF - it is a nice mix of the KC and something more hard-core (but with an easy pedal effort).

The single hook is supposed to be for racing since they are generally quick release. They are supposed to have less travel from engaged to disengaged/vice verse. I cant compare it to a multi hook since I have only run singles.

The two vs 3 hook is mainly for patent infrigement reasons, as the 3rd hook is useless.

Were I buying a new quadrant, I would get a multi-hook - I had an SVO single-hook quad and it rocked (but doesnt work with a stock cable) and the single hook I have now has a short throw (so the stock cable works) and I dont like it too much. Just a personal thing. Your tastes will differ.

For a FWA, I would use the Fiore clicker. Just me.

Good luck.

Ive had my King Cobra pressure plate for a while running a McCloud dual friction, no complains more than you will need. Especially if you still have a T-5 , I would also take the opportunity to take the tranny in to be freshened up with new syncros and fork pads. But thats just me.