Is this factory

jeffnoel

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2002
Clovis, CA
I baught my 02 GT used and well I looked under it for the first time last week and noticed it's got a chrome rearend cover on it. Is that factory for the GT or did the previous owner put it on? I also noticed why this car sounds so great it's got single chamber flowmasters on it. I was always suspicious but never took the time to check.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, the rear-end cover is pretty clean looking when you clean it up....

Unless your gear ratio isn't stock, or unless the cover actually has something wrote on it....

Its probably stock.

-Will

in my auto, if i drive with the OD off, i cruise at 35mph in 3rd gear at 1000rpm with the stock 3.27's. if your car runs a higher RPM than that, you've got yourself a shorter gear in the rear axle.

DBMSTNG said:
in my auto, if i drive with the OD off, i cruise at 35mph in 3rd gear at 1000rpm with the stock 3.27's. if your car runs a higher RPM than that, you've got yourself a shorter gear in the rear axle.

With the 5-speed you will go 45 in 4th @ 2000 RPM or 66 in 5th @ 2000 RPM with 3.27.

DeadLurker said:
He has an auto so that doesnt' matter and if he did have a stick he would be at 75mph at 2,000rpm in 5th gear.

I'm aware that he has an auto, but a lot of us don't and I was just putting it out there for information. BTW, I'm pretty sure your numbers are wrong...:D

Sam98 said:
That I don't know for sure since the 2002 has a different transmission than a 98. Did they change the overdrive ratio? :shrug:

I have no idea what the pre 99's have but I think it's like 70mph at 2,000rpms in 5th with the early trannies from 99-01 and 75mph for mid01 and up.