Is this the right pushrod length?

Hey guys, checking out the pushrod length on my new setup. It's just a stock deck 302 with non-milled ported GT40 cast iron heads along with a xe270hr (.512 lift ex/in) comp cams camshaft. Anyways, the picture is hard to see but when I use permanent marker on the valve stems, and rotate the motor, the geometry is centered but the mark is very large and I thought it was supposed to make a small line. Anyway, if the entire mark is perfectly centered as it is, does that mean I'm alright, or is it not supposed to make a huge gap like that after a whole rotation? Let me know!
thanks guys!
By the way, the picture makes it seem like the marker on the two valve stems wore out differently, but they are both perfectly centered when seeing it in person.

186839.jpg

forgot to mention, this is with the stock stamped 1.6 rockers!

• Sponsors (?)

still not sure, because as i adjust the length on the adjustable checker at stock length, i still get a perfectly centered mark, but any longer or shorter than the stock length, the mark is offset, but still not narrow, is this because it's the stock rockers?

p.s. sorry i meant to post this in tech, but hopefully this will help anyway

the width doesn't matter, just keep it perfectly center and you're good to go, there is some leeway with roller rockers but since you're using stockers everything looks A-ok. Dont forget to set them at zero lash(i put them finger tight and slightly turn them while rotating the engine over by hand to make sure they're on the base circle, which is the lowest the lifter/pushrod will go in the block) plus 1/2 turn..or if they're pedestal mount(i think they are..) just tighten to the correct torque spec, which is like 25-35 ft lbs. if i remember right

~Mark~

yeah i just figured since it was marking it perfectly in the center with 5 different trials after multiple rotations, the stock pushrods were a suitable length for the setup. i remember doing this a few years ago with aftermarket rockers and the line was narrow, but looking at the design of the stock rockers, i can see why the mark it made was rather large in comparison.