Roush Is this unbelievable or what.....

SVT Saleen said:
Dangnabbit, Robert. You beat me to it... :mad:
PM sent too.

I thought you were looking for the Le Mans Alloy Speedline wheels not the Speedline Magnesium Wheels???? I know you have Mag's currently on your car....what are you looking to do:
1). Are you looking to run the Alloy wheels daily and save the your Mag wheels??
2). Do you have 8.5's all the way around and what to run 10"s instead??
3). Trying to be like Scott, Marcus and I and stock pile 94-98 parts :D
4). All the above

• Sponsors (?)

s351rspeedster said:
I thought you were looking for the Le Mans Alloy Speedline wheels not the Speedline Magnesium Wheels???? I know you have Mag's currently on your car....what are you looking to do:
1). Are you looking to run the Alloy wheels daily and save the your Mag wheels??
2). Do you have 8.5's all the way around and what to run 10"s instead??
3). Trying to be like Scott, Marcus and I and stock pile 94-98 parts :D
4). All the above

Yes :lol:

s351rspeedster said:
Can you imagen what Saleen parts MIGHT be worth in the future?? Wish I had thousands of dollars to stock pile parts for the future, I could be worth millions :D

You would be worth much more buying the right real estate (if you think ocean front real estate is expensive now, just think what it will bring 25-30 years from now) or putting your money in the stock market.

I love cars, but if you add up the cost of storage, repair, insurance, etc. The cars and parts don't return as much as you would think over time. Then again, a stock pile of money is not as much fun as being able to walk out in your garage and look at/drive your dream car :)

FASN8N said:
You would be worth much more buying the right real estate (if you think ocean front real estate is expensive now, just think what it will bring 25-30 years from now) or putting your money in the stock market.

I love cars, but if you add up the cost of storage, repair, insurance, etc. The cars and parts don't return as much as you would think over time. Then again, a stock pile of money is not as much fun as being able to walk out in your garage and look at/drive your dream car :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Come on Bart!!!!!
Invest in cars or real estate.......Hmmm, let me think about that one. :bang:
Orange County in 1991
Value of my house : $130,00
1991 Saleen Mustang SC : Approx $35,000
Orange County in 2005
Value of my house : $850,000
1991 Saleen Mustang SC : Approx $25,000 :jaw:
Of course there are always a few exceptions to the rule like concept cars at Barrett Jackson or certain shelby's but I think we all get the picture :nice:

No kidding! I love my cars but, right now I would love to have some spare cash to invest in property. The only thing about property in my area is that the tax breaks don't seem to be there anymore. My side business with these cars is nice..no taxes...

FASN8N said:
Sell your house now and bank the profit. Let some air come out of the bubble over the next few years and buy it back for $500k :)

Unfortunately for me, back in 1991 I was 12 years old and not the owner of the house :rolleyes: I was using it as an example of how the market is. I bought the house six months ago for $640k, so yes there is some profit already however that value is only appraised value. Who knows if I could sell it for that amount.........and trust me, I wouldn't be able to buy it back for $500k in a few years. Some of the air might come out of the bubble, but that would be a HUGE drop which has never happened in Orange County before. The past 20 years in real estate, the market has seen only 1 year of depreciation and believe me it wasn't much at all.....

Since we are now on the subject of real estate investments vs. automotive "investments", I purchased my San Diego home for $141K in 1988. At the time I thought I was paying too much because that was the owner's asking price.
Now my home is valued at almost 4 times that amount. :eek:
It's absolutely insane. :crazy:

SVT Saleen said:
Since we are now on the subject of real estate investments vs. automotive "investments", I purchased my San Diego home for $141K in 1988. At the time I thought I was paying too much because that was the owner's asking price.
Now my home is valued at almost 4 times that amount. :eek:
It's absolutely insane. :crazy:

How did we get from Saleen to Real Estate????:shrug: But since we are sharing interesting history's on property value! I find it incredible that in 1982 my father purchased a 1/4 acre lot which is an attatched side yard to his house for 200K and Now this many years later its worth over a million and all he has on it is a bunch of Old Ford Cars! It looks like a used car lot! That's one expensive car lot!:crazy: