Issues with H&R Street Coilovers

TheCaptain39

Feb 16, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Hey guys,

I recently installed H&R Street Coilovers, a J&M adjustable panhard bar and the J&M caster/camber plates.

I really wanted to have a better handling mustang so I could carver corners and rip the bends and keep up with all my friends in their german and asian imports. I knew the coilovers would be stiffer than the stock suspension, but I am not sure if the stiffness I am experiencing is as it should be. When I hit a bump or a dip or pothole with the front, I definitely feel it but when the back goes over it, I go bouncing all over the place. It is uncomfortable and sometimes even throws me off the throttle.

I have lowered the car about 1.5 inches all the way around. I made it so that the front and rear are basically at the same height. I have not trimmed my rear bumpstops so I am not sure if they are part of the problem.

Basically I want to know what you guys have experienced with these coilovers, or with similar set ups in general. I spent about 1500+ on just the parts and really dont want to have thrown in all that money just to have ruined my car. In retrospect I probably should have saved a few hundred bucks and got the Megans coilovers because they actually have adjustable dampening.

Any ideas guys?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61778733@N07/sets/72157629756047879/
photostream

• Sponsors (?)