It begins... Tons of new parts... Lots of pics, Special thanks To Pokageek

• Sponsors (?)

Yea its $35 a head to have them tested... we are cleaning them up with a wirewheel and some BPC and acetone... that seems to be working great... ill take them to get checked this week...i think we are going to be putting it in on the 27th

and just incase you havent heard... the court date is the 5th of september!

Adam, you should have a nice running car when it is all said and done:nice: I'm running FRPP pullies on my f150 and they work great. I would save yourself a few headaches and buy an ASP overdrive alternator pulley to help with charging at idle, I am running one on the stang and my truck and it helps a bunch.

I can't believe I read this E N T I R E thread :crazy:

It seems like you are having fun :nice:

Since you are gonna cam it ........
You'll most likely not have concerns with the pulleys :nono:
as you will run an elevated idle speed ;)

That is ... unless you got one of those mega amp pullin sound systems :shrug:

Grady

The guy at p engines .com said my engine wouldnt run with those TW heads too. Weird but clearance was fine and they ran great. :shrug:

The twisted wedge heads can be ran with flat top pistons with no valve reliefs due to thier valve angle but that only works with smaller cams.

Adam what size valves do your heads have? what pistons are those? Make sure you check the piston to valve clearance. I thought that the old TFS heads had 2.02 1.60 valves and with those pistons you should run into issues with 2.02 valves. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. It looks like a nice budget build! Lets see some pics of those heads when you get a chance. Have fun man.

The twisted wedge heads can be ran with flat top pistons with no valve reliefs due to thier valve angle but that only works with smaller cams.

Adam what size valves do your heads have? what pistons are those? Make sure you check the piston to valve clearance. I thought that the old TFS heads had 2.02 1.60 valves and with those pistons you should run into issues with 2.02 valves. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. It looks like a nice budget build! Lets see some pics of those heads when you get a chance. Have fun man.

Exactly. We dont want to see you have any bad luck and blow it up. We want to hear it running! :) Sounded like you had good clearance but not sure whether the hot cam was in yet. Before I pulled it, she sounded awesome wit hthe cam that was in it!

Nope we are still building... checked the clearence with the TFS heads... 1/4'' so we are good there... we have been cleaning up the heads... im debating on getting them tested... but im low on cash...

I assume he is talking about p/v clearance here, right????

Good luck on the build! And definitely get some 3.73's in there. Even if the engine puts out 250hp it will still feel like a fast car!!! :)

When you pull the motor, don't forget to check the motor mounts for cracking. I forgot when I did :(

I assume you have a 3/8" spacer for the intake, right? You will for the EGR/TB to clear the pass. side valve covers.
Scott

I assume he is talking about p/v clearance here, right????

Good luck on the build! And definitely get some 3.73's in there. Even if the engine puts out 250hp it will still feel like a fast car!!! :)

When you pull the motor, don't forget to check the motor mounts for cracking. I forgot when I did :(

I assume you have a 3/8" spacer for the intake, right? You will for the EGR/TB to clear the pass. side valve covers.
Scott

I got new mounts