It keeps getting better

I would check the press. You shouldnt have to change it BUT since the old pump has been going out it wont hurt to double check the press.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a volt meter this evening so tomorrow my stepdad and I are going to check the volts to the relay and the inertia switch

Also when the car was running a couple weeks ago I noticed that the volt guage on the dash was only reading 2 notches over 8. What should it be at.

I am still going to buy the fuel pump just in case. Even if it isn't bad we were plannin gon putting a bigger fuel pump in sometime in the spring

Not a dumb question at all. Just use a paperclip. :D

Looking at the diagram in the link I posted, use a paper clip to connect the green wire (fuel pump test point) to wire 46 (computer test ground). Then turn the key to the "run" position and listen for the fuel pump to prime.

Let us know the results.

Using the diagram I posted, find the fuel pump relay. Turn ignition on and check for 12V on red wire (VPWR).

If no, check for 12V on pink/black wire. If no, check fusable link. I don't know where it is on a 91-93. On 87-90, it near the starter solenoid on the driver's fender.

Update: Still can't find the problem and today when my stepdad were looking at the car we noticed that the coil looks like something burned next to it cause it has black dust all over it. Also he unplugged one of the spark plug wires from the distributor to see if it is getting any spark...nothing

Could it be the coil or is that just another problem to add to the list:shrug:

Ok I looked under the hood for the relay since the car is a 91 and all i saw was a tangle mess of wires and nothing that looked like it had 4 wires going into it

I never noticed it but when I turn the key to start the car after the normal amount of time the fuel pump would have primed I hear a click from the back of the car. Does that mean that it is getting power and the pump is shot.

Also when I was under the hood I fould by the firewal on the drivers side there is a big tube that says vac that isn't hooked up. What does that go to and is it a problem if it isn't hooked up.

I will post pics in a few hours when I get home. Thanks

definitely post a pic of this cause if it's what i think it is, its the vacuum tree. if it's not hooked up or atleast capped off, you have a bad vacuum leak right there.

update

After finally getting the money for a shop to look at the car, it turns out it was the pump that went out. The mechanic tried to sell me a stock oem pump for 140, I said no and went to 50resto and picked up a walbro 255lph pump for 115. All together it cost 350 to fix. Thank you all for your help and advice:D