ITB Drags 8/20 Indianapolis

Frankenstein

Jan 31, 2002
Indianapolis
Hey guys I just wanted to let you know about a chance to race heads up and possibly pick up some extra cash. This is an event that has primarily been for imports in the past. I have completely reorganized everything this year and have allowed room for the F-body, Mustang, and other domestic guys in the Pony Car NA class and the Quick 8 class.

Here are some details and I hope to see some of you there.

WHAT: 12th Annual Indy Truck Bash and Import Drags

WHEN: August 20, 2005
DAILY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Tech Inspection 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Round 1 Qualifying 11:00 AM
Round 2 Qualifying 12:00 Noon
Driver's Meeting 1:00 PM
Round 1 Eliminations 1:30 PM
Round 2 Eliminations 3:00 PM
Final Eliminations 4:30 PM

WHERE: Indianapolis Raceway Park
www.irponline.com

MORE INFO: www.importandtruckbash.com or email me at [email protected]

PRICE: $35 if you register before August 12, 2005. You can register at www.importandtruckbash.com
There are also discounts for clubs and groups of 5 or more entries.
$50 at the gate
IF YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR CAR, YOUR ENTRY FEE WILL ALLOW YOU TO DRAG RACE AT NO CHARGE

PAYOUTS: Payouts are posted below! These payouts will be CASH payouts!!

CLASS STRUCTURE: I will personally be putting the cars into the classes so there is no confusion. If anyone has questions about your car's eligibility please email me at [email protected]

site1185.jpg

There will be actual qualifying sessions and we will use a Pro Tree...but with a sportsman ladder. We feel that this is the best way to organize this in the spirit of good competition. Any racer that does not qualify in their designated class will be allowed to race brackets. This is an NHRA track, so NHRA safety rules apply. In the past there have been guys running 10s without a cage or bar and they haven't had any problems, but that is up to the track officials.

There will also be a Friday night grudge session under the lights. The tree will be on, but the scoreboard off. The win lights will show which lane won the race, and you will receive a timeslip at the end of the track. This will be a good time for anyone wanting to brush up on their skills, or if you just want to come out and look for some $$ races. It's also a great opportunity for you guys who are structly into showing your car to come out and enjoy the drag strip. Your ITB registration will get you into this grudge session free of charge.

I hope to see some of you guys there. There are already a handful of local F-Body guys signed up, so come down and enjoy the fun. This is the largest show of its kind in North America. So the entertainment at night is not lacking.

• Sponsors (?)

Guys people are afraid to sign up for the Pony Class. Right now the quickest cars signed up are high 13 second cars.

Same for Quick 8, quickest car signed up to take home the $1000 is a mid 11 second LS1.

Its a good opportunity to race on a nice track with a pro tree for cash.