It's time for some new Interior...

spirockp

5 Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
NJ
For the past three summers I have been putting off re-doing my interior. Yesterday I have finally decided to upholster my front and rear seats. I'm glad I waited because I was going to go with TMI Sport Seats and yesterday I see they now make a Sport II Seat that has even higher bolsters than before. It's not going to be cheap, but the time has come.

I will update with pictures as soon as I start.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some before shots before I pull out the interior.

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

I put in the original "sport seats" in a 65 fastback myself and it was pretty easy once you get the hang of hog ringing. But, you will notice that with the foam they use your seat will "sit higher" in the car and I actually had to use a smaller steering wheel to fit the car. I am 6 foot tall. My wife who is 5 foot tall loves it as she fits perfect. Just be aware of the raise seat position.

Dan

Dynamat. It may have been an overkill, but I did the complete interior including the firewall and the trunk.

I am expecting to receive the upholstery tomorrow.

I just had new seat foam and covers for the front, annd just covers for the rear seats done. The material came from TMI. It was a real tight squeeze, looks great though.

Attachments

• Interior Front.jpg
    Interior Front.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Interior Rear.jpg
    Interior Rear.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 216
Oh, I forgot to mention. To replace the front seat upholstery was a real bear! Especially the back part. Between the tear down, clean up, and installing the new upholstery I easily have over 5 hours. But it did come out nice. I think so anyway. :)