JBA Dyno Day June 26th

• Sponsors (?)

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Ill hook you up John, when I get home. Your stang sounds sweet, wish I would have heard that bad boy. How were your #'s?

Chad, mail size says 160 on the smaller setting (which we used) The larger setting is 640 VGA. Not sure if that means 160X160. I am a video newbie...for now :D
Ya sounds like 160x160. I was going to host them but I didn't know there were so many. :doh:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
John, I never received your PM or e-mail. re-send and ill be happy to e-mail you your dyno run :nice:

Jason - sent
Ken - sent
Rich - sent

Does anyone else want to see theirs? Beau? Bill? Fred?

Shoot me your e-mail and ill send it :flag:

I sent it from work yesterday ([email protected]). If it isn't too much trouble, can you also send it to my home email on Saturday ? I need to open my home email box when I get home tonite. Thanks!!

Thanks!

Johns89lx said:
Thanks, it came in at 366hp/380trqe - about 30hp less and 10ft lbs more than the Dyno Shop in Santee. Different dynos I guess.

Yeah definitely different dynos, the one is Santee is a Dynojet which is alot stingier from what I have read. Kinda surprising you gained torque though :scratch: Maybe Beau can refresh our (my) memories :shrug:

Nice numbers though John :drool: one day I shall be in that neighborhood :D

Ill send you an e-mail to your work e-mail here in two minutes. :nice:

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Yeah definitely different dynos, the one is Santee is a Dynojet which is alot stingier from what I have read. Kinda surprising you gained torque though :scratch: Maybe Beau can refresh our (my) memories :shrug:

Nice numbers though John :drool: one day I shall be in that neighborhood :D

Ill send you an e-mail to your work e-mail here in two minutes. :nice:
From what Bruce explained, the Dyno Dynamics measures hp/tq differently than the Dynojet. When on the Dynojet, your car is spinning a drum of water, and the computer extrapolates from the acceleration your hp/tq. The Dyno Dynamics uses 2 drums, with electromagnets instead of water, and it measures hp/tq while under load, which in theory will give you better, more accurate numbers. Accurate meaning closer to real world driving conditions.

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
Yeah there are actually like over 40 I think. All the data only totals 29 MB's though. If you wouldnt mind I would like to ask you a couple of questions about hosting/streaming at our next event. I need to learn more about it.
I only have 10 megs on my host though. I can try to answer some questions but it's not my area of expertise.

1990StangLX said:
From what Bruce explained, the Dyno Dynamics measures hp/tq differently than the Dynojet. When on the Dynojet, your car is spinning a drum of water, and the computer extrapolates from the acceleration your hp/tq. The Dyno Dynamics uses 2 drums, with electromagnets instead of water, and it measures hp/tq while under load, which in theory will give you better, more accurate numbers. Accurate meaning closer to real world driving conditions.

Thanks Beau, but i might be more confused than I was about it before :rlaugh:

Either way, I am damn happy with my numbers :hail2: