jdcleve

jdcleve--2010 Shelby headrest comfort issue

I recently took delivery of a 2010 Shelby. The headrests seem to tilt forward much more than they should, and they lack an indentation. My head bounces forward and back with each bump. Also, the headrests make it difficult to look upward. There appears to be no way to adjust the tilt. I am apt to replace them with some similar to my '03 Cobra's. Does anyone have a solution other then swapping headrests between my two vehicles?

• Sponsors (?)

I recently took delivery of a 2010 Shelby. The headrests tilt forward much more than they should, and they lack an indentation. My head bounces forward and back with each bump. Also, the headrests make it difficult to look upward. There appears to be no way to adjust the tilt. I am apt to replace them with some similar to my '03 Cobra's. Does anyone have a solution other then swapping headrests between my two vehicles?

Why are you looking up?

His description suggests that he is a small person or short. These seats are designed for big ppl and that is why the head rest is designed like it is. If you raise the seat then scoot it forward a lil then lean it back jus a little you might accomplish a comphy position. :) or not :)

I lean my seat back an extra notch, then the headrest is at a better angle so that my head is straight up. Sure, my back/neck has to curve a bit more, but that's the price us short guys pay (I'm 5' 7").

On a side note, congrats on the '10 GT500!

jdcleve--headreast forward tilt issue

Thanks Brian. It seems that the insurance companies have dictated the forward tilt to reduce whiplash injuries which might result if a head were able to go over the top of the headrest. I have ruled out the headrest swap between my '03 and the '10. The former has a center sliding adjustment; the latter has a dual-post type. I have not ruled out removing one from its seat and attempting to lessen the tilt by sitting/standing on the headrest. Has anyone had a measure of success with that approach. I have just adjusted it to the maximum height; that makes for less discomfort. The real test will come when I drive it again next weekend.

jdcleve--headreast forward tilt issue

For those wondering, I am 5 feet 9 inches tall. I have had to tilt my head upwards somewhat when looking at traffic lights. The headrests seem to be designed to prevent them from being turned around. I am glad that hardly anyone else seems to have experienced a similar comfort problem from their headrests.

I'm 5'8" and I haven't had this issue, and I don't even lean my seat back far at all for the simple fact that my legs and arms aren't long enough and I don't wanna feel like I'm a mile away from my steering wheel and pedals. I sit pretty straight up and think the head restraint is perfect for me, but to each his own.

I feel that my Stang's headrests are the most comfortable out of any car I've ever owned. I can easily cruise with my head on the headrest without tilting my head far back. I'm 5'9".