Just back from the track

95vert354

Mar 19, 2006
Just got back in from racing my new 89 notch. Got knocked out in the third round when I fell asleep at the tree,.649 light. Broke out trying to catch another 88 notch, he had a .538 light. I was dialed in at 7.38 and ran

1.74 60'
7.343 1/8th
89.14 mph
Oh well try it again next week:Track:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Vert, your not alone.....I "zoned" out and caught a .6something light last time I went.....I don't know what the h3ll I was thinking about....I saw the other car launch and then went....luckily I caught him...lol

Last night was allot worse though. I havn't had a car for the track in 25 years. First time at the track with a new car I knew nothing about.Never had an auto so I was used not used to shifting it , plus racing in the dark...I'm 48 and my eyes aren't what they used to be(neither are my reaction times) it was a real experience to say the least. The only thing I liked about the night racing was the cool temps, ran a best of 6.982 at 91.11 mph. I had a great time both days and didn't realize how much I missed it, and thats really what it's all about. win or lose I'll have a great time with it. Now if I can just get my 95 vert project finished I'll have two to play with. 95 is going to be stroked and sprayed, It should be just as quick if I can get it to hook.