just bought 40 series!

gofast_beloud

Apr 5, 2005
i just went and bought some flowmaster 40s. not delta flow so shes REAL loud! I cant wait to get em on. i have cheap **** on there now without the cats, headers and a h-pipe? give me some feed back on to wat u think it will sound like. thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

well my 351w in my 86 Fox with an h-pipe no cats and 40 series is very loud. my wife can hear me all around town. I'm serious you can hear my car from miles away. My neighbor hates it thinks im running straight pipes. I told him i spent a lot of money to get my car to sound like that. I have heard the exact same exhaust on 302's they are not nearly as loud. I'm glad i went with the 2.5" and not the 3" otherwise im sure the cops would have tracted me down by now. :mad:

86bluecobra said:
well my 351w in my 86 Fox with an h-pipe no cats and 40 series is very loud. my wife can hear me all around town. I'm serious you can hear my car from miles away. My neighbor hates it thinks im running straight pipes. I told him i spent a lot of money to get my car to sound like that. I have heard the exact same exhaust on 302's they are not nearly as loud. I'm glad i went with the 2.5" and not the 3" otherwise im sure the cops would have tracted me down by now. :mad:
Do like a I do when they cops drive by throw em a rev :nice:

oh sorry.i have headers, the cats are off. and theres an h-pipe. I have cheep mufflers on now, i could care less of the brand. it sounds kinda beefy at low rpm. but when i rev out it sounds like a little kitten so i think the 40s will sound ****in amzing

86bluecobra said:
:notnice: I fuccin hate loud cars like that. Reminds of high school kids who think they're hard, as well as Harleys, which I want to simply plow over. Deep rumble, mellow, with some balls when you give it some juice... but not overpowering. :nice:

BTW - much like loud stereos and loud bikes, exhaust like that gives all 'hot rodders' a bad rep. I have a wicked loud stereo... the difference is, I can (and do) turn it down when it's not appropriate ;)

I liked my flows, but I didn't like the whimpy looking stock tailpipes, and everyone has flows so I went Mac. It will sound great on your car. The only reason I switched was for a different sound than everyone else, but it's hard to beat a 5.0 with flows and a o/r h.

shootme5150 said:
:notnice: I fuccin hate loud cars like that. Reminds of high school kids who think they're hard, as well as Harleys, which I want to simply plow over. Deep rumble, mellow, with some balls when you give it some juice... but not overpowering. :nice:

BTW - much like loud stereos and loud bikes, exhaust like that gives all 'hot rodders' a bad rep. I have a wicked loud stereo... the difference is, I can (and do) turn it down when it's not appropriate ;)
But some cars are that loud due to the fact they are fast, not all show and no go in a sense.

For a street car, it's disrespectful to be that loud. We could all build a ride and run straight pipes because 'it's fast', but does that matter to the guy next to you? Unless you're running 8s, there's no reason you should be that. There are fast ricers, does it make their bees sound any more pleasant? Fast bikes, does it make straight pipes any less annoying? Do you want some kid dropping 150dBs with the latest three6 mafia next to you? Personally, that's what I do when someone near me has a loud exhaust. Annoy me, I'll annoy you more ;)

Again, if it needs to be THAT loud to pull it's power, it probably shouldnt' be on the street.

If it's too loud, you're too old?! LOL, just kidding.

I only have a problem with obnoxiuosly loud cars that aren't near as fast as they sound, like running 15's and 3.5" straight pipes. :notnice:

Back on topic, I think you'll like the sound!

shootme5150 said:

FYI: As far as bikes go, LOUD PIPES SAVE LIFES. I would never ride a queit bike. I want people to know I am around them so they don't f***ing hit me.

Now, I have flows and an h-pipe on my car. Its loud, but not ear peircing. It gives a great muscle car tone. However, I don't know what series they are as they were on the car when I got it.

And like someone said before, our 5.0's sound real good with flowmasters.

I have Mac shorties/Offroad H/40 series flows and it is pretty loud...I have saved my neighbor's job a few times (his alarm didn't go off but when I started the car he woke up - he actually came and told me this :D ) Oh yeah he lives about 250 yards away on a hill :nice:

It really isn't that loud though...I would rather a car be loud and sound good than just be loud... :notnice:

poneypower89 said:
FYI: As far as bikes go, LOUD PIPES SAVE LIFES. I would never ride a queit bike. I want people to know I am around them so they don't f***ing hit me.

You're ignorant or delusional if you honestly believe that. I've heard that bullshyt argument too many times. Funny... my dad, brother, and all of my friends ride bikes with stock pipes, not loud at all. Odd that nobody has ever hit them, eh? Pull your head out when you're on a bike, be aware of your surroundings, and it doesn't matter what you're riding. But hey, as long as that helps you justify annoying the hell out of everyone around you, it's okay, right? :rolleyes: