Just bought a 98, red w/ flames

bjam2

Jun 20, 2003
Michigan
Oooh i'm so excited i just bought a 98 with 63,000 miles for $4000. It's red with black flames and white licks, and the running horse emblem is painted in the flame on each side. The manual transmission only has 30,000 miles. It was stored winters. I can't wait til spring, until then i'm driving my 88 5.0 liter.

Attachments

• 98 Mustang.JPG
    98 Mustang.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 324
  • Sponsors (?)

It was quite a challenge just driving it home, the tires are not for the snow, my 88 does much better.

It's got a superchip, true duel exhaust, goodyear eagles. The guy said headers, but i dunno if he put some on or if he was talking about the stock ones.

Before spring i'm gonna do pads and rotors on all 4 wheels and put in synthetic oil. Is there any other maintenane i should do to it? I'm gonna be driving this car for the next 5 years or so while in college and want it to last and be reliable. What about synthetic manual trans fluid or rear diff? Anything?

Bjam:

I agree with Asha'man do the basic tune up stuff, I also agree you should start using synthetic for the oil and tranny stuff. Just be warned that some people have posted that changing from dyno to synthetic oil caused leakage and some other problems. I myself switched to Amsoil at 45K with no ill effect. Finally I HIGHLY recommend you do an engine flush prior to putting in synthetic. Good luck with a great car.

Doc4444 :flag:

bjam2 said:
Oooh i'm so excited i just bought a 98 with 63,000 miles for $4000. It's red with black flames and white licks, and the running horse emblem is painted in the flame on each side. The manual transmission only has 30,000 miles. It was stored winters. I can't wait til spring, until then i'm driving my 88 5.0 liter.

u know when I read flames I'm like, oh god what's this thing gonna look like? but it lookes bad ass man, nice

Well everything works on that and its quiet and the ride is much better and it has air conditioning thats hooked up and it looks nice, the 88 is primered right now. Anyway i would rather drive my 82 El Camino SS than either prolly, sorry.