Mach 1 Just built the wood ramps from Mustang University

BurlyStang

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2000
Lubbock, TX
I used to fit under my 2000GT for oil changes, but the Mach is too low for me to get under it. I found a thread at:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/mwramps/index.htm

which gave plans for ramps which are solid as rock. Not the cheap metal ramps that you have to prop against the wall so you can go up them. These things are solid and safe, with room to go anywhere you want. It took about three hours from buying the wood - to - driving up them for a test to make sure they worked. Easy, easy build. Cost was about $85.00. Tomorrow my 15K oil change goes in.

I highly recommend this build for easy synthetic oil/filter changes.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the idea of having those ramps, instead of taking a chance with the jack and jack stands. I always get nervous when I place the jack stands under the car while it's supported by the jack. I do my best to make sure my torso isn't under the car while putting the jack stands into position, just my arm.

BurlyStang said:
Tomorrow my 15K oil change goes in.

:jaw:

You go 15k miles between oil changes? Good lord, I wouldn't dare go over 3k miles or 3 months, whichever comes first. My philosophy has always been that frequent oil changes are cheap engine insurance. It doesn't matter how good your oil is, or how good your filter is, the fact is that your oil gets dirty and contaminated by the outside air flowing into the engine, not to mention the small pieces of metal that might be flying off newer engine internals.

LMAO, hell no I don't go 15K on one oil change:rlaugh:

I drive the beast too hard for that:D

I just happened to be on the 15K oil change when I posted:lol:

I still recommend the ramps, they will come in handy for years to come.