Just got back from inspection....brakes

chobracobra

Jun 29, 2004
jersey shore
Man my car passed emissions which was a huge surprise, but it failed the automated brake test. They said the difference between the left and right rear axles was excessive. what the F does that mean? On what standards do they compare this too. I have freakin drums! How do i fix a balance issue?

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, one side is out of adjustment. Pretty easy fix. Pull off the tire, then the drum. Look for broken springs or cable and make sure the self adjuster can move freely. If everything checks out, put it all back together annd then tighten up the adjustment until the tire just starts to drag when you spin it. Do both sides :D

ok thanks. I also need new front tires, and they said the driver's side window closes too slow. :bang:
As for emissions....turned back fuel pressure, advanced timing, cleaned MAF sensor, and put 1 oz. of acetone in my full tank of super. passed with flying colors......No cats mind you..just the housing with a 2.5 inch pipe running thorugh it:D
look at these numbers: Nox- 187 with a 1378 limit.
HC - 180 with a 180 limit :nice:
CO- .24 with a 1.01 limit

I hope you're joking about the window thing. I have my inspection license here in PA and we aren't allowed to fail cars if the windows don't operate, as long as they're there and not cracked they pass.

Besides telling you what the car needs, a good garage will explain to you what exactly has to be done to fix a car and at least give you an estimate for the repairs.
I don't know how things are in Jersey, but that window thing sounds like fraud.

you guys dont know how lucky your are. DMV is my only enemy. They ruin all the fun. Yea my frigging car was made in 89, so what if the f'in windows dont go up fast enough. This was not a private garage. It was the state facility. I think they were out to get me, when I kind of bugged out when the idiot stalled out bad. stupid me, but i couldnt help it