Just got car back from painter.....

97Snake1668

Founding Member
Aug 11, 1999
San Diego, CA
Ok, here is the situation. I let this guy who is starting out painting cars do my car. I figured that the car was ugly already so this wont hurt anything. Well the paint came out pretty good. The problem is that he put so much clear on that it started to orange peel and streak pretty bad in some places. He did a good job getting rid of most of the orange peel on the big areas (hood, doors, lid) but the lower panels of the car are still really bad along with some of the smaller areas. Now the question: How much do you think it would cost me if I took it to a professional for a cut and buff to finish the car off? I know it can be wetsanded and buffed out in most areas. Please let me know what you all think because it is starting to bother me. Thanks in advance.....

Semper Fi,
Kris

• Sponsors (?)

Take it back and let him finish the car right. If he wants to learn he needs to learn how to do a good job for repeat business and good word of mouth. But opting some one else to finishe I would venture to guess around $100 to remove orange peel and buff to a nice luster.

BTW since next year I will be moving to Charleston, SC what's the name of this shop, or is this guy in his back yard practicing??