Just got my cutouts installed!!

WOW....they sound soo nice. I highly recommend that you get cutouts for mustangs, they sound really good on my car. I heard some people say that they sound like crap over 2000 rpms..... :shrug: hell no, it just gets even lounder and more clear. Well thats in my car, but i wouldent think it would sound that much different in a GT. Im planning on posting a sound clip soon i just need to figure it out.

• Sponsors (?)

ive ran cutouts for a few years now. with bolt ons I used it pretty much everyday, but now with heads/intake/cam + all the other mods, it can be obnoxiously loud at times. I like pulling up to C5's or other fast V8's at a light, the car does sound mean as fuuck at idle with the lope from the cam REALLY audible. pretty much though it gets VERY tiring after you been driving for about 30-40 minutes +. when i have them capped, I call my flowmasters "Lexus quiet".

And IMO the LT1 sounds better with a cut out rather than the LS1 but thats another discussion.

TrickStang37 said:
ive ran cutouts for a few years now. with bolt ons I used it pretty much everyday, but now with heads/intake/cam + all the other mods, it can be obnoxiously loud at times. I like pulling up to C5's or other fast V8's at a light, the car does sound mean as fuuck at idle with the lope from the cam REALLY audible. pretty much though it gets VERY tiring after you been driving for about 30-40 minutes +. when i have them capped, I call my flowmasters "Lexus quiet".

And IMO the LT1 sounds better with a cut out rather than the LS1 but thats another discussion.

Ya they can get pretty annoying at times but they are fun to fool around with when you pull up next to cars. Im planning on putting in a cam after christmas and it should sound alot more lopey. And i think i agree with you in the LT1 but ur right it is a different discussion. :nice:

KingDiamond said:
Did you get the electric ones? I'm thinking about doing that on my mustang, cuz it's not really loud like it was with the O/R h-pipe I had, and I think it would be cool to have it extra loud sometimes.

I was planning to get some electric cutouts but its alot of money and they cant fit on where mine were welded in cause my car is so low. Here is a website for the electric ones if you want to check it out.

http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm

Btw this is JUST the electric part, not the cutouts.

I have dual cutouts on my offroad X pipe, its loud as hell and i love it. they are set in right before the X. I have a video clip of it if anyone can host it for me. its about 5mb

nickm347 said:
I have dual cutouts on my offroad X pipe, its loud as hell and i love it. they are set in right before the X. I have a video clip of it if anyone can host it for me. its about 5mb

Yes i think someone needs to host this so you guys know what it will sound like. Ill post some pics sometime this week when i get my hands on a daig camera