just got rims, Now i need springs, post em up!

GreenMustangGt said:
hey guys, i need to get some pics of some lowered cars. Im trying to decide how much to lower my car, and what brand springs are best. Please post up pics of ur lowered cars and springs. here is mine, i did cut the front, rear is stock, i want to lower it so it looks good. thanks!
if i were you tho, the next thing i'd spend money on is painting. it'll look great then. do the springs after that.

just my $.02

• Sponsors (?)

I drove my car for almost a year in 3 different colors...You just have to think about how awesome it will look when it's finished! :nice: . Here's mine with Eibach Sportlines...
sweet.jpg

newside.jpg

Just get coil overs even if you get them from X2C they will make your ride amazing and your handling way better then any normal lowering springs can do, do it right the first time and be done with it. I have BBK Specific rate springs and only have them becuase i got them for $50. but i wish i had coil overs if you ride in a car with coil overs you will be amazed at the difference plus you can turn a wrench and adjust your ride hight in like 30min's or less.

Imyourzero said:
I'd have to say that I personally would get something else if it were me, but that's only because I like 2K Cobra R rims so much. The ones in the picture look pretty slick on your car. What kind are they? I like them for the simple fact that you don't see them on every other Stang. I'm sure the regular chrome Cobra R's would look good on your car too, but there would be about 50,000 other Stangs out there with the same rims.

The only reason I got those was because everyone had the cobra's and I didnt want my car to be like all of those. I couldnt decide between those(077 Eagle) or the 03's cobras but i bought these cause then i wouldnt have to buy new tires. LOL, there actually is a canal like 40 yards from there, I had to show my freinds 4x4 jeep whats up by doing a little off roading with the stang

sixty9boss302 said:
Heres mine with the Steeda's
Its about 3 inches from tire to fender. I wish it was lower, those sportlines seem to give the perfect drop.
BTW- Greenmustanggt - What size tires you got? You seem to have a lot more sidewall than me.

That looks badass. I'm thinking about steeda's, definately need lowering springs to complete a look... Which springs are those? I know they ahve like 4 diff types. I'm already scraping bumps with my saleen kit though...... You can't win!

BTW... how to progressive rate and set rate differ in feel and control? My tubular K-member stiffened up my chassis so much i feel every damn bump in the road...

Hey GreenMustangGt can you please send me pics when your cars done painted. I was thinking of just getting the Saleen Front and Cobra R hood just like you with the rest stock, as well as a S281 saleen wing possibly.

Let me know how it looks with just the saleen front!

I had some minor bodywork done at the same time and I paid $9,900 all together.
The paint and supplies were $6,500 alone and the rest was in labor and taxes.
You can find this colorshifting paint ranging from $35-$55 per oz. from companies like BASF, House of Kolour, PPG, & Dupont. :flag:

94SC50 said:
I had some minor bodywork done at the same time and I paid $9,900 all together.
The paint and supplies were $6,500 alone and the rest was in labor and taxes.

Holy freaking crap I could buy a nice used 99+ GT for the cost of your paint job alone! I could never spend that much on a paint job unless I was making 6 figures or something, and even then I dunno...

Looks nice though...I bet it gets a ton of compliments.