just installed my offroad h pipe

i installed my off road h pipe and i must say the sound is great. nice and easy but i got an off road h pipe from a guy who had it on his 01 bullitt gt and the back o2 sensors are too short on the drivers side to reach where the holes are on the h pipe. so on my car i have to get some extenders for the sensors and should have those in sat. i just wanted to know if anyone has the off road h pipe set up also with the stock mufflers. how do u think it sounds. i wanna get slp mufflers and get side exhaust. or maybe just the slp catback and call it quits. let me know what u guys would do. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

well i used to have the offroad mac h pipe with 2 chambered flows on my 93 cobra and really didn't like it so much. it got really boring. i like my car to be really loud. so after the flows i put on cutoffs and liked it due to the loudness but it sounded fake and bad but was loud. so the slp i have heard good things about it. so many people complain that it is too loud. that is me. thanks for the advice guys. hopefully i will have the slp shortly but funds arent that great. thanks.

I heard it at a local Car show near where I lived. It sounded good when it was gunning down the road (very loud), but when normal cruise it was like a car with open pipes. It just sounded rough. In exhaust issues everybody has different tastes. If you are going with the SLP I would definetly go with the o/r H-pipe like you have. Actually the exhaust I heard was with a X-pipe not an H-pipe. The H-pipe will give you a more deeper rumble. Try it out. If you don't like it you can always change it.

thanks man, ure on late, but i guess so am i. how do u like ure mac and stuff. i used to have a mac o/r h on my 93 cobra with cutoffs. do u know what i mean when i say cutoffs? anyway they were really loud and very obnoxious. like so loud that my dad could hear me about 1 mile away almost. unreal. anyway, i think on this website they should have like an instant messenger or something. that would be easier. thanks for the advice. do u have aim or aol.?

I have the MRT Off Road H with stock mufflers and exhaust manifolds. I like the way it sounds. I would say it has a little more open sound at idle, and a better growl at WOT. But I would not say it made a major change in my exhaust note. If you want a more aggresive sound youll need to go with a muffler change of some kind.

Orange04BOSS said:
well i used to have the offroad mac h pipe with 2 chambered flows on my 93 cobra and really didn't like it so much. it got really boring. i like my car to be really loud. so after the flows i put on cutoffs and liked it due to the loudness but it sounded fake and bad but was loud. so the slp i have heard good things about it. so many people complain that it is too loud. that is me. thanks for the advice guys. hopefully i will have the slp shortly but funds arent that great. thanks.

I too had the mac off road h pipe,and flowmaster 2 chambers on my 5.0L,and it was alright,but this set up on my '03 gt :worship: ,very aggressive/angry sounding :nice: .But then i installed cats...i know,but we have a strict emmission law.3 of my buddies have been pulled over in the past,and i don't want to be next.The price of the fine is more than a couple of high flow cats :( .