Just Ordered my Mustang GT on X-Plan Yea baby

johnnytuinals

Banned
May 27, 2005
Well i am a happy camper today,went to a ford dealer a hour 30 mins away from me.Went into the dealership and spoke to the salesmanager.He told me he can give me the X-Plan with no problem.
So i ordered a Black Gt with Black leather,was going to get Red but i thought i might wait to long for that color,I am trying to make this simple lol. and got the 18 inch wheels and shaker 500.
So i left $500 down and i wanted my Dora and Priority Number but the salesmanager told me that he will have the Dora and Priority number tomorrow in the mail to me.(I think i will call tomorrow anyway and get it).
Then the GM came out and told me I was the first to get a 2006 from him and i ask him about my Priority Number and he said when they give me the Dora number tomorrow they will also have the Priority number with it.Seems like a pretty big dealer and i felt they were not Jerking me off at all.The GM told me it will be a low number because he said if i had a Priority number of 20 i would never see the car.
He asured me there will be no problems at all and on the contract i made him put a Estimated 8 weeks on it.
I am just wondering with all you good folks on this site did I do OK and do you get the Priority number when you get the dora the next day like the salesmanager says. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

mhudson78660 said:
It is strange to me that the forddirect site says no but you got it.

Where?

I just got off the site, just to make sure something didn't just change. The only vehicle on the "Vehicles and Pricing" page with an "x" in front of the name, continues to be the Escape Hybrid. The site notes that vehicle names with an "x" in front of their names, are the only vehicles which are excluded from the X-plan.

Matter of fact, it lists a 2005 Mustang GT in black, 5spd, shaker 1000, IUP, side airbags, spoiler delete, bright wheels, wheel lock, and anti-theft, available for the X-plan price of $27401 at a dealer near me.

GT-03 said:
Where?

I just got off the site, just to make sure something didn't just change. The only vehicle on the "Vehicles and Pricing" page with an "x" in front of the name, continues to be the Escape Hybrid. The site notes that vehicle names with an "x" in front of their names, are the only vehicles which are excluded from the X-plan.

Matter of fact, it lists a 2005 Mustang GT in black, 5spd, shaker 1000, IUP, side airbags, spoiler delete, bright wheels, wheel lock, and anti-theft, available for the X-plan price of $27401 at a dealer near me.

I am on crack. I guess it was not able to select the gt because they did not have one in stock. I will put the crack down.

Johnny:

The priority number will be on the DORA ( hope it's a 10). Good luck.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Ask them about expected delivery when you get your Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement.

Once you have the DORA you can call the Ford dealer robot lady to keep tabs on your order

number is 1-800- 962-3746.

Info needed is

Dealer Code ( 5 didgits , drop any letters)

Order number

Body Type ( T82 for GT Coupe)

Model year.

Keep us posted on how you do.

You will love your new GT

Cool Walt
My dealer wrote 8 weeks for delivery but i am not going by that.
He will call me later today with my Dora and thanks i didnot know the Priority number was on the Dora,thought the dealer made one up for you or something.
Glad he told me i am the 1st one on his list for a 06 Stang Gt and now it will be a waiting game till i get my car.Johnny :flag:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds a little fishy because I don't think the dealers can order 06 stangs yet. My guess is your dealer will likely order it as an 05 and then flip it over when the 06's are officially available.

So very annoying
Called my dealer and the Salesmanager said the girl will put it in the computer by the end of the month,thank god thats only 2 days away.and he told me my Prioity is 10.
I am the only one that ordered a 06 Mustang I am on top of his list......Salesmanager sounds like he is telling me the truth and not Lying.
What do you all think am i getting scr*wed.
Johnny

Congratulations on your 06 Mustang, you're going to love the car.
In regard to what your dealer told you about a priority number of 20 meaning you would never see the car...when I ordered my 05 Mustang GT last October I was given a priority number 0f 20 with an ETA of 8 weeks (turned out to be 10 weeks because of temporary delays in production) for the car to arrive.

In regard to dealers accepting orders on the 06 Mustang, look at what happened last year with the new 05 Mustang...people placed orders as early as April and May for the new car (even before the price list was issued.

I'm sure that Ford is already accepting orders on the 06 models since Job-1 is a little over a month away so they will be pulling orders for build on the 06's in the next 2 or 3 weeks, and the dealers would like to get their orders in as soon as possble for the new model year

They sold you. The fact that they told you 8 weeks is dishonest. You are looking at a minimum of October. And that is if they don't put cars in front of you. Think they won't? They are doing you a favor by accepting X-Plan. Think about it. If it was you would you give the X-Plan guy his car when the amount of cars you can get is limited or let a guy who you are gonna make 3 to 4 grand more off slide in. I had an order in since January and was told my car would be an '06 on X-Plan. That is almost 10 months! And that is if it even really did come in October. Luckily I got lucky and found one a guy didn't take order on as soon as it came off the truck. And of course I payed 100 under sticker. Either that or wait forever. Nothing wrong with waiting. That is a lot of money. But let me save you of what I went through. Don't expect that car in 8 weeks or even close to it. They told you that to get you to sign and in their queue in hopes you will wait till it comes and they make money off you in the future.

Well i made sure they put the 8 weeks in the contract because after 8 weeks i will be able to get a refund if i wanted too if the car does not come in.
I really don't mind waiting i have a 2003 mustang gt that works great and every month that i wait i have made another payment.
Well i hope within a few days i will get a dora and the dealer told me that i am a 10 on the priority list today,but its not on the contract.
Even if i wait till dec why not save $2000 or so,because even if i wait till march of 2006 the X-plan is still going to be a great deal on this car.
But since he says i am the first on his list i feel i will get the car,now if i was the 2nd 3rd forth i would worry a little bits.
And i am sure they will ask TOP dollar when the 06s come in but sure they will let 1 or 2 out at X-Plan.
Since the dealer will put the Info on me into the computer i am sure i will have a good shot at getting one....But then again tell me if i am wrong?Johnny

Not to be an ass, but don't expect a DORA until mid July and I can almost promise you that you wont have the car in 8 weeks. I'd like to be proven wrong though :nice:

1meanZ said:
Not to be an ass, but don't expect a DORA until mid July and I can almost promise you that you wont have the car in 8 weeks. I'd like to be proven wrong though :nice:

DORA's for the 06 have been posted here.

Johnny, important!

Did you get them to sign the xplan dealer agreement, that obligates you to buying the car, and obligates them to giving you one?

Arkham yes on the contract it says X-Plan and has the Number on it.
So even if i get it between Sept and the worst case March of 2006 the dealer has to give it to me at X-Plan.I better push the dealer along but i am sure there is no reason why he would want to wait and put me into Fords Computer system......Johnny

Wow Peon:
I could have written your post> Had the exact same experience as you .

Odered on X plan in January. Was told 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks dealer turned started telling the real story ( X plan= priority 20 and long wait). Agree with you, they were still getting in GT's but selling at markup rather than X plan. Finally found one in stock at an hoinest dealer for sticker (MSRP).

peonslayer said:
And that is if they don't put cars in front of you. Think they won't? They are doing you a favor by accepting X-Plan. Think about it. If it was you would you give the X-Plan guy his car when the amount of cars you can get is limited or let a guy who you are gonna make 3 to 4 grand more off slide in.

Are you sure about that?

I thought plan cars came out of a different pool or allotment. That's because you are technically buying the car directly from Ford, and not the dealer. Kind of like a fleet sale. The dealer only gets a processing fee for their trouble.

That is also why the car comes through, for an order, with one's own name printed right there on the sticker. Which is quite a nice touch! :nice: