Just purchased Supercharger, do I have to send my PCM in?

mysticspirit25 said:
i just talked to Jim Jr. at JDM and he is awesome, he hooked me up with a tuner, 2 tunes, 39# injectors, 90mm MAF and their CAI, it should be here next week, I can't wait!! I will let all know when the install is successful.

I can promise you, you won't be disappointed. Jim was kind enough to call the shop installing mine this morning and give them some guidance and when it was all said and done today, the car dyno'ed at 406 HP and 380 ft lbs. of torque. The car is bone stock except for the JDM stage II kit. The shop doing the install, Kauffmans, said the JDM tune was dead on and they did not have to make any changes to it.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey - calling JDM was a very good idea - and wrt the 39# injectors and the need for a larger fuel pump - guess it all depends on how hard that foot hits the gas & for how long :D JDM can provide better details as there car is hitting 11's with that set up.

I just tuned into this thread, seems like all questions were answered already.

You can send the PCM to Saleen, but only do this if you have no other mods. Their tune will be very conservative. Obviously a custom dyno-tune would be better, since all cars are different (at least slightly).

I bought the Saleen blower and never sent the PCM in, I had my tuner do it on a dyno using the X-cal-2 I already had. I also added 39# injectors and went up another 2 psi. We pegged the stock MAF so I'll be adding a MAFia extender this week.

Good luck guys - you'll love this blower setup - the power is CRAZY !!!

Who's tune...

Ditto what Madhouse said: Your car is otherwise stock, insure the package and get the Saleen tune - the price is right. Make sure they insure it on the return trip !

You can always go the tuner /dyno route later.

Hey Madhouse - you get around... I seem to be following you a lot these days.