Just some opinions wanted...

hosic

Mar 21, 2004
I got a chance to buy a performance red (i think) 2k coupe wigh 68k miles on it for $4k. I know the miles are high but not yet too high but should i be expecting any problems that usually arise round that many miles? Id perfer a GT but the insurance would be crazy for my age and this is a good price. Just the main factor is im in michigan and might get rid of my 4x4, so it may be used in the winter also.
Its either a stang or a 2k+ grand am gt.
Also wonder, at what point is high miles and wont be as reliable? (average)

Thanks for help

• Sponsors (?)

Why do you want something with less than 68k on it, heck my 93' LX had 98k when I bought it. At 130k its never gave me a problem, except for your typical stuuf like tires and a battery. As long as its well maintained I would buy it and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Pro-Hawk said:
Why do you want something with less than 68k on it, heck my 93' LX had 98k when I bought it. At 130k its never gave me a problem, except for your typical stuuf like tires and a battery. As long as its well maintained I would buy it and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Gotcha, guess im asking if its worth starting to mod it with so many miles.

My car has 136k, 124k when I bought. Not a single problem, which surprises me since I give the car pure hell sometimes. I won't be putting any power adders on this engine though. But for a daily driver, it's been very reliable.