Just wrecked my Stang!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

What??? Anyone calling an STI rice is missinformed! STIs are freegin awsome cars...not rice in the least.
Rice are cars that are made to look faster than they are by some retard. Doesnt matter where its from...it was just started in japan with all the crazy body kits...and then moved over here where its common on imports. Guys spend all their money on blinged out looks over performance and then acting like their car is fast....thats true rice...besides there are plenty of american rice cars around to not just call this a japan/import thing.

STIs are purpose built cars....with just a tire swap you could literly take them on a rally, but also include a pretty nice interior. Its like the 00 cobra R, race track ready...purpose built car.

ANYWAYS sorry to hear hwear of your wreck :(. I hope you get it all taken care of :nice:

What??? Anyone calling an STI rice is missinformed! STIs are freegin awsome cars...not rice in the least.
Rice are cars that are made to look faster than they are by some retard. Doesnt matter where its from...it was just started in japan with all the crazy body kits...and then moved over here where its common on imports. Guys spend all their money on blinged out looks over performance and then acting like their car is fast....thats true rice...besides there are plenty of american rice cars around to not just call this a japan/import thing.

STIs are purpose built cars....with just a tire swap you could literly take them on a rally, but also include a pretty nice interior. Its like the 00 cobra R, race track ready...purpose built car.

ANYWAYS sorry to hear hwear of your wreck :(. I hope you get it all taken care of :nice:
You are a intelligent man. :nice:
I honestly don't see what is untasteful about the Subaru STI?

sorry to hear it man...its a big fear of mine. :nonono:

sti is a good car, but i dont think they look that good. i think they look ok but not the ride id choose to pick up any chicks. there many better cars for that then the sti. guess we know whats on my mind! lol

anyway, i think there needs to be a good balance between looks and speed, if you are missing one....whats the point!

fast car that looks like crap = no respect
great looking car with no speed = no respect

Wrecked the Stang!

Thanks for everyone's comments and concerns...this is like therapy for me...I'm so upset about wrecking my Stang!

Hope insurance gives you a new car.
I feel guilty, one minute I want my car back, the next minute I want it totalled so I can get a new one!

Did the airbags go off?
No, they did not! Pisses me off, I was going approx 40mph when I hit the trees (not wearing seatbelt either).

Get a Subaru STI.
NEVER! I refuse to drive anything that is NOT a Mustang!

That hurts my heart.
My heart IS broken, I love my Mustang!

What happened other than the obvious?
It was sleeting, roads were slick. Just dropped my son off at school. Leaving the school I got on it a bit (no more than usual) and my accelerator pedal got stuck (jammed on the floormat). When I leaned over to grab the floormat, the car started fish-tailing. I was calm at first, but then I started to panic because I knew there were kids around as well as school buses. In my panic I must have hit the accelerator pedal again because the car just took off. I threw it in neutral (automatic) and listened to the motor screaming and bouncing off the rev-limiter. I was somewhat in control, but I was approaching the car in front of me really quick. There were school buses in the other lane coming at me. It was like slow motion, I kept thinking "F@@K, this isn't happening to me!" I was also thinking "F@@K I don't want to hurt anyone!" That's when I decided to ditch!

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have thrown it in neutral and killed the ignition. Although I don't know if I would have maintained control without power steering.

I'm pissed about wrecking the Stang, but I keep telling myself no one got hurt!

I have aftermarket pedals, and aftermarket floormats. The mats do have the hole in the corner and they do fit on the hook pretty good. Sometimes they just unhook and slip down. Please make sure your mats are hooked at all times so your Stang doesn't end up looking like mine!!!!!

how did you manage to screw up the fender that bad and not break the headlight???

oh and if you call all japanese cars rice then you truely are just a dumb redneck, v8's arent everything... hell look at what 96-04 GT's come with... they make a lot of noise and go no where... sounds like rice to me but we all drive them...

and my accelerator pedal got stuck (jammed on the floormat).

This has happened to me at least 3 times. The last time I removed the drivers side floor mat. I let my buddy drive the car and a SAAB 900 wanted to run out of the toll booth so I told him to step on it well he mashed the gas and it stuck even without a floor mat and stock peddles! When we got to his garage he handed me his sawsall and i cut 2 inches off the bottom of the peddle. Ford really should fix that. My 92 Explorer used to do the same thing.

I honestly don't see what is untasteful about the Subaru STI?

The sound it makes.

Everyone's got a different definition of rice. The definition has changed, due to the "import scene" carrying over to a lot of domestic built cars (and European). Really, the word should have changed. Rice (cars) are rice because they come from Japan, (or any of the Asian automakers, really). I think there's a difference between "rice" and "ricey".

oh and if you call all japanese cars rice then you truely are just a dumb redneck, v8's arent everything... hell look at what 96-04 GT's come with... they make a lot of noise and go no where... sounds like rice to me but we all drive them...

Lol, blasphemy! Gimme a break, they're not that loud stock. Even with a good loud cat-back, the noise level fits the power pretty well, in my opinion.

Rice isn't rice because it makes "a lot of noise and goes nowhere." Rice is rice because it's ugly. Audibly ugly, visually ugly, ugly because it has a small little girly engine with a small little girly block and small little girly cylinders....... what? Who cares if it's fast? You can respect them, if you want, but it's still rice.

Back on topic... why don't you wear a seatbelt man?? You even have kids! I'm sure they wear them, but still, you gotta protect yourself, if not for you, then for them. You're a lucky man, but don't rely on luck anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.