Kaase SB-Ford Cylinder Heads

• Sponsors (?)

heads

Wow those heads do sound good. I'm using GT-40 heads on my 302 and its makin 425hp @ 6500 rpm. If I put these Kaase heads on there I'd be well up into the 500's. I think I'm happy with what I got right now though. But I will keep those Kaase heads in mind for future mods. I like em

Dan

Those heads do sound awesome, impressive results. What surpised me is the stock 100k engine not blowing up when turned nearly 8k rpms. So if I read this article correctly then if I bought these heads I could run a small solid roller cam and not have to worry about notching the pistons because of the relocated valve position? I could use my headers and intake and buy new valve covers. I already have a set of the solid roller lifters with the H connectors, but I think I would need some new roller rockers since mine are for smaller studs.

Sound pretty good! Comparably priced to the other similar heads on the market from what I can tell, and the name Jon Kaase means a lot to those of us that have been around a while.

Kaase was laying down BIG horsepower numbers with Ford hardware in the dark ages long before the 5.0 revolution put bolt-on HP in the hands of every little whippersnapper with daddy's Visa card.

danimaltheanima said:
Wow those heads do sound good. I'm using GT-40 heads on my 302 and its makin 425hp @ 6500 rpm. If I put these Kaase heads on there I'd be well up into the 500's. I think I'm happy with what I got right now though. But I will keep those Kaase heads in mind for future mods. I like em

Dan

I love numbers as much as the next guy but how streetable is a 250 degree cam pulling 500 hp and solid lifters. :owned:

zwhitr said:
I love numbers as much as the next guy but how streetable is a 250 degree cam pulling 500 hp and solid lifters. :owned:

Well ive always preferred solid lifters but as for the streetable issue i think it would be just fine with a manual trans or a good stall on a juice trans.

Well now its between These heads and AFR 165cc. What heads do you guys think are better? I will run them on a rebuilt 92 H.O 5.0. With a rpm air gap intake, a 625cfm Road Demon and a E-303 cam. What head will give me a better everyday driver during the summer but the most power street but sometimes strip just for fun. What will i have to get to make these or the AFR heads work? Such as push rods..Valves..
Rockers...and so on. Im new to heads and to building engines. Im learning as i go. So any help would be great
Pat

myfirstii said:
Well now its between These heads and AFR 165cc. What heads do you guys think are better? I will run them on a rebuilt 92 H.O 5.0. With a rpm air gap intake, a 625cfm Road Demon and a E-303 cam. What head will give me a better everyday driver during the summer but the most power street but sometimes strip just for fun. What will i have to get to make these or the AFR heads work? Such as push rods..Valves..
Rockers...and so on. Im new to heads and to building engines. Im learning as i go. So any help would be great
Pat

I like the Kasse design but for what your doing the AFRs would perform great and cost less i believe. What are the complete AFRs going for? What is the .050 duration on the 303 cam?

Now if you just got 2k sitting around your dieing to spend, i'd definitly run the Kaases. But for your app i think you would see similar performance numbers for both.

Partial to the 185s myself, but if you're not going to want more later (and you know you are), the 165s are probably fine.

Read one article where they used forged flattops, AFR185s, Victor Jr, holley 750, and a Comp 282 roller and made 453HP on the dyno. That'll put better than 350 to the wheels, and not many IIs will be able to use it without the smokefest to end all smokefests. I would imagine that the Kaase heads would make 500+ with a similar setup, but again, who can use it all?

The specs for the E-303 are:Ford Motorsports E-303 - (for use with 1.6:1 rockers)

.498/.498 282/282 220/[email protected] LSA 110 LCA 107/117
Cobraman:I read a article in carcraft awhile back and they did a build up on a 90 H.O 5.o with a stock cam and put the AFR 165's,1:7 roller roclers,Rpm air gap, and a road Demon 625 carb on it. And they got about 420 hp put of it. Will i see these #'s with the 185's or will i have to make some mods to the motor?? I Dont have the money to buy anything else and im going to be going to college next year so i wont have any money for a while. So all i can do is heads. If i can get the 185's and get the same #'s as the 165's but be able the get more out if it if i do have the money later on that would be great. But im afraid that its to big of a head. Any help would be great

My guess is that the 165's would make more torque at street rpms at the cost of some hp at higher rpms. The 185's would be better on the track where you expect to spin the motor for all its worth.

You have to determine as best you can what the use of the car will be and select parts accordingly. If you have to drive it everyday I'd chicken-out and go with smaller ports. If you are just going to drive it on the weekend and at the track, I'd go larger.

Let us know what you decide.

78CobraII