keep stock cat back / just change mid??

Hey all,

I have been searching this topic under all the ways I have been able to type it. My dilemna is that I like the sound of the stock catback on my new 04 GT (I swear it is louder than my friend's 99 was stock and his 02 for that matter) but I would like it a bit louder. I don't want to "waste" money on a "quiet" catback nor do I want one that will drive me crazy droning on long highway runs. I plan to use the car alot more than I did my convertible including on longer trips with wife and kids.

I am considering changing my mid pipe to a hi flow catted H but don't know if that will make a difference worth the cash. I am speaking from a purely sound point of view here. Anyone else have this dilemna or a possible solution????

Today is my b-day and my wife was going to get me a kit, but I couldn't decide :(

THanks

• Sponsors (?)

Changing to an O/R prochamber was what really made the big difference for me. I already had a Mac catback on it so I'm not sure how the prochamber would sound with the stock system. However, if I were you I'd keep the stock catback as is and try the midpipe and see how you like it. its pretty damn noisy though, I wouldn't want to take a long road trip in my car. it sounds mean as hell though.

For your specific needs a mid pipe will work and youll get 5-10hp.

I liked the sound of my Magnaflows more than the power gain from the midpipe, but thats not what you are looking for. I have regular Magnaflows, and as much as they are meant to be quiet, after 5 years they are F-ing loud. Really MF-ing loud. Thank god I didnt buy packs. I'd get pulled over every 5 mins.