keeping x-cal in trunk

k5zx

Apr 6, 2006
Does anyone know know the heat tolerance of flash devices? I started keeping mine in my car when my cai air filter fell off once and I my engine almost came to a dead stop. I am worried about the summer temps though messing up the sct. I would rather not keep it in the cabin as I keep the top down alot.

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone know know the heat tolerance of flash devices? I started keeping mine in my car when my cai air filter fell off once and I my engine almost came to a dead stop. I am worried about the summer temps though messing up the sct. I would rather not keep it in the cabin as I keep the top down alot.

why did you decide to keep it in the car? even if the CAI did fall off, how did having the tuner help? :shrug: i would not keep it in the car. it will probably be fine, just like the rest of the electronics in the car, but why chance it with a $400 tuner?

I carry mine all the time, for two years, with no ill effects. I keep mine in the trunk, much cooler than in the cabin.

Thanks everyone. For Bigcat, it is needed to reprogram the computer. for instance when the air filter fell off the CAI, I had to reprogram the computer.