Kenne Bell 2.2 on GT...RESULTS and PICS

Thats amazing. Just idling you wouldnt think that car was so insane. You get on it and its like some kind of pissed off animal trying to jump through the grille of the car. Its ashame about the tranny but the car obviously has what it takes. Another great modular powerhouse story. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

65straightsick said:
Wow, my neck hurts from watching that boost meter absolutely exploding to 19+PSI......to put it best ...WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!
I'm telling you man when you smack this thing it just absolutely rings your neck...launching at 4000 on the tranny brake was fun too...I was sore for days after those runs...

GI Joe

mrpositraction said:
Why were you in 1st gear in the boost video, any reason or just for affect. Nice car man, like somone said earlier, I to was happy w/ 350 rwhp, but now I have higher goals. Muwahahahahaha Muwahahahaha :flame:
it was not in 1st...it was in 3rd...it a 5 speed converted to auto...watch all the video and you will see and hear it shift on the dyno before its nailed...3rd gear 1:1 just like 4rth on the 5speed

That's just so cool it's retarded, then so retarded it's ****ing awesome. :worship: :hail2:

coramprat said:
I'm still waiting on the unvieling of the 96-98 series. Now I want it even more. Great numbers.

With how much crap the NPI heads are, and how much a blower kit costs.............why???

GinoGT said:
That's just so cool it's retarded, then so retarded it's ****ing awesome. :worship: :hail2:

With how much crap the NPI heads are, and how much a blower kit costs.............why???
the npi heads arent THATbad actually. the npi manifold is what crimped the airflow in those years. i think bolting on a roots blower (which'll obviously replace the manifold) will still make good results, though not as well as the PI, but probably better than one would think.

GinoGT said:
RysRed96GT said:
the npi heads arent THATbad actually. the npi manifold is what crimped the airflow in those years. i think bolting on a roots blower (which'll obviously replace the manifold) will still make good results, though not as well as the PI, but probably better than one would think.
True Dat. As a matter of fact, a set of ported NPI heads will easily outflow a set of stock PI's. Add a set of PI cams to that and you're on par if not ahead of a '99-up car. It's a nice cost effective option for guys with the '96-98's who don't plan on running more than 9-psi through their set up.

Gearbanger 101 said:
True Dat. As a matter of fact, a set of ported NPI heads will easily outflow a set of stock PI's. Add a set of PI cams to that and you're on par if not ahead of a '99-up car. It's a nice cost effective option for guys with the '96-98's who don't plan on running more than 9-psi through their set up.

Well I would hope a set of NPI heads that have been modified (and with different cams) would outperform PI heads. :rolleyes: But after adding in the costs of pulling the heads, porting them, reassembling them, reinstalling them.......it would probably be a lot cheaper and easier to swap PI heads on. It's just that the compression wouldn't be good for lots of boost.

GinoGT said:
it would probably be a lot cheaper and easier to swap PI heads on. It's just that the compression wouldn't be good for lots of boost.
Exactly.....which kills the arguement of cost effective, doesn't it? It's waaaaay cheaper to port a set of already existing NPI heads and add PI cams than it is to buy PI heads with Cams and then open up the engine to add lower compression pistons.