kenne bell dyno

jj89fox

Jan 7, 2010
I just run my car on the dyno for the first time with my new setup its a 89 fox with 56,000 miles it was all stock except a bbk cold air and a mass air now i have a aftercooled 2.2 kenne bell mac headers, 2 1/2" exhaust ,70mm throttle body and 355 gears what a difference i am going to up the boost to 12 psi from 8.5 psi

Attachments

• DSCF2658.jpg
    DSCF2658.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Sponsors (?)

is that your setup ?

there was another guy with a sweet custom aftercooled setup on a red Fox.

Love the blower whish they could make an aftercooled Mamoth setup for the fox (5.0)i wouuld buy it in a min.

Yes this is my setup I got the idea to try it from a post on this site my AF was lean I am glad it made it through the dyno pull I have to go back for the tune one of my silicone couplers was collapsing at idle

I just did one pull to see what hp i would get i did not get it tuned the place that i brought it to is vary good at what they do. They told me it would not be the best idea to run my car up to high but i did it any way and it still runs fine. Would i do it again not after i seeing how lean it was. i am getting it tuned next weak. it just goes to show how important it is to get a good tune :shrug:

Holy ****. Can't believe the tuner even completed the run seeing a/f #s like that in a boosted car. I would have ripped him out of my car by the throat.
Agreed, only an idiot would stay in it after seeing numbers like that.
I might be wrong here but once you get that A/F down wont you loose HP...i know when you go richer it takes away some HP...I hope not tho...

No, it'll probably gain horsepower.

I might be wrong here but once you get that A/F down wont you loose HP...i know when you go richer it takes away some HP...I hope not tho...

14.7 is stoichiometric or theoretically "perfect", though typically a safe tune is richer than that. Yes, sometimes you sacrifice a little power by going with a richer, safer tune. However, anything above stoich is dangerous and could cause engine damage, and also will rob you of power. Looking at his A/F, he was well above 14.7.

It will gain power.

i cant believe the car made it through the pull that lean, arent boosted motors supposed to be around 11.5 to 11.9:1 AF?

Yea, no leaner than that. I've seen much crazier things survive though.

I tend to diagree..I think if he goes to 11.5 or Richer i think he will loose HP maybe pick up some torque were the KB shines...Just my opinion...I can be wrong not the 1st time...LOL..Im sure he will post new numbers when he is done...:nice:

I tend to diagree..I think if he goes to 11.5 or Richer i think he will loose HP maybe pick up some torque were the KB shines...Just my opinion...I can be wrong not the 1st time...LOL..Im sure he will post new numbers when he is done...:nice:

Uhh. There isn't really anything to have an opinion on or disagree with. It will pick up power. That's just how it is...

Yes 309 rwhp a stock 5.0 is only 215/225 at the crank its hard to make big big numders with stock e7 heads I hope my pully gets here by thursday so I can get my tune and start to enjoy the car