Kenne Bell to build '99/'01 4V Kit - If we pony up.

Taz

Founding Member
Aug 1, 2001
Arizona
The News:

KB has agreed to build a twin-screw kit for us '99/'01 Cobra owners if they receive refundable $500 deposits from 25 of us by January 15th. They say that if we do this, they will have a kit ready for us in 90 days. If KB doesn't receive 25 deposits by Jan 15th, all deposits that were placed will be refunded immediately. Those interested can find details in this thread:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65496#post65496

The second post in the thread contains the info on how to get onboard. Please use that thread for feedback. That'll make it much easier for all of us to follow developments and get an idea of how many folks we have.

The Kit:

Projected kit cost is in line with their '96-'98 kits. Projected gains are comparable to the '96-'98 kits, with slightly better max power because of our tumble port heads. The kit will be complete, to include all the necessary parts to install and drive off into the sunset. No intercooler option at this time.

The Ultimatum

It's all on us now. It's time to either put up or shut up. For years, I've read countless posts by '99/'01 owners crying about being neglected by KB. Whichever way this ends, I don't want to hear any more whining about it. We've got our shot right now. Let's make the best of it. I've been waiting a lonnnnnnnggg time for this kit. I'm in. A few others have also committed. Hopefully, there are be more than enough people out there to make this happen.

T-

• Sponsors (?)

the only problem I see is the time frame, most everyone will be spending their cash for the holidays, either on gifts or trips. Also you give them the 500 deposit and that takes you down to 3,200 when do you pay the rest of the cash? Is there a layaway plan? :D

BadMoFo said:
the only problem I see is the time frame, most everyone will be spending their cash for the holidays, either on gifts or trips. Also you give them the 500 deposit and that takes you down to 3,200 when do you pay the rest of the cash? Is there a layaway plan? :D

Please post all your questions in the thread linked in my first post. KB representatives are monitoring that thread and will provide you with answers. I'm only guessing on this, but I imagine you would be expected to pay the balance when you place the final order to receive the kit. That would make it sort of like a layaway plan. But that's only a guess.

I realize the timing bites for most of us because of the holidays. Maybe you can still add to your Christmas wish list.

:D

T-

Taz said:
Please post all your questions in the thread linked in my first post. KB representatives are monitoring that thread and will provide you with answers. I'm only guessing on this, but I imagine you would be expected to pay the balance when you place the final order to receive the kit. That would make it sort of like a layaway plan. But that's only a guess.

I realize the timing bites for most of us because of the holidays. Maybe you can still add to your Christmas wish list.

:D

T-
Hope you guys can dig in and get on the list. I have waited since 99 for this kit. I could gripe about the people, the timing, the excuses, the wait, the options, but in the end I would rather have a K B. I am not a racer, or in a horsepower race, I just want to feel that great low end grunt of a big block in my 99 Cobra. I have a few mods that were rewarding and I built them around having a K B. I actually think this project will get more in house attention than other K B projects. Sell some car parts, make it happen.
thanks,
joe

A bump for those who haven't heard about this. and an update - as of today KB had received 14 deposits - including my own and railroad's - for '99/'01 Cobra twin-screw kits, with probably a few more enroute in the mail.

If you own a '99 or '01 snake and you're interested in a kit for your car, you can become a part of something very significant and really good for us all. Time is growing short, but we can still pull this off. Just 11 more fully refundable deposits and we'll be over the top.

T-