KENNEBELL SUPERCHARGER 05 GT

I'M THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A KENNEBELL SUPERCHARGER TWIN SCREW WITH INTERCOOLER FOR MY 05 GT AND WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS/GALS THINK THIS SUPERCHARGER IS A GOOD INVESTMENT?

I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGERS THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST ROOTS TYPE. ANY OPINIONS BEFORE I SPEND THE MONEY.

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

KB is what I plan on buying myself, but it all depends on what you want. They are well-known name and put out a good product.

The KB is not a roots type SC, that is different (and less efficient) than a twin screw.

inultus said:
KB is what I plan on buying myself, but it all depends on what you want. They are well-known name and put out a good product.

The KB is not a roots type SC, that is different (and less efficient) than a twin screw.

No a kenee bell is a twisted screw type superchargers that is different ( and less efficient ) then a centrifical :)

Ha ha ha ha
Good one.
You mean it is a "twin-screw" supercharger and the efficiency is not less that a centrifugal, it is actually more efficient as it creates boost at lower levels.

StonePony said:
Ha ha ha ha
Good one.
You mean it is a "twin-screw" supercharger and the efficiency is not less that a centrifugal, it is actually more efficient as it creates boost at lower levels.

WRONG effeciency is a measurement of how much a given compresor heats the air per psi it is compressed and centri blowers heat the air LES then a screw type compresor..

Effeciency has nothing to do with how or where in the power curve the boost is made

racegirl1 said:
I'M THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING A KENNEBELL SUPERCHARGER TWIN SCREW WITH INTERCOOLER FOR MY 05 GT AND WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS/GALS THINK THIS SUPERCHARGER IS A GOOD INVESTMENT?

I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGERS THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST ROOTS TYPE. ANY OPINIONS BEFORE I SPEND THE MONEY.

THANKS
Hello, I too am planning on the Kenne Bell:nice: , wasnt sure if I was gonna go intercooled or not but I think I will and yet stay at 5psi boost for every day driving, What boost are you going to run? Are you getting the polished version?
Thanx.

Hi Smoke-Em

If I purchase this system I'm getting the basic black with the intercooler and would like to get it with 8 psi on my stock motor. With 8 psi I would hope to get anywhere between 450-500 rwhp and still accomplish a safe and streetable tune.

Do you think 8 psi is too much to ask for the stock motor and yes this is my second car so I drive about three to four times a week to work and around town I also take it to the occasional auto cross and opentrack days here in California. For me being in California I'm nervous about the application not quite being CARB legal, that it's still currently pending. I have emailed Robert at Kennebell asking him if he has any idea when it will become CARB legal, I have yet to hear back from him with a guestimate. I just want this to be a one time thing when I put the supercharger on the car to leave it on for as long as I own the car and not to have to hassel with smog here in CA because I have a supercharger on my Mustang. Smoke-Em when you get your Kennebell and it's installed let me know how you like it, you will probably get yours before I get mine.

I just placed my order today with Robert. He said their only taking orders for the 06 at this time as they still don't have the tune for the 06 yet, its different than the 05, something to do with different codes and filing system in the pcm. Anyway. I went with the 8# intercooled version and figured being Im spending this much I went with the polished one. I probably wont see on my doorstep for 3-4 weeks but thats ok. My biggest concern is reliabillity , I dont want to go on a road trip and break down 500 mile from home. I'll keep you posted and I'll probably post pics of the install, I plan on doing the install myself, should be fun :D

Hey Smoke-Em

Guess what....I did it....I just placed my order for the Kennebell supercharger with 8 PSI and intercooler today I'm going with the basic kit with the black head unit.

I figure 3 weeks as well....I'm having my local shop do the install for me they are giving me a good deal on the install so that worked out well.

I'll post some picutures up as well once all is said and done....my shop has a chassis dyno so I'll try and post up some dyno numbers as well for you.

Keep in touch

racegirl1 said:
Hey Smoke-Em

Guess what....I did it....I just placed my order for the Kennebell supercharger with 8 PSI and intercooler today I'm going with the basic kit with the black head unit.

I figure 3 weeks as well....I'm having my local shop do the install for me they are giving me a good deal on the install so that worked out well.

I'll post some picutures up as well once all is said and done....my shop has a chassis dyno so I'll try and post up some dyno numbers as well for you.

Keep in touch
You may see yours before me being your car is an 05 and the tune is ready, also by your ativar you live in Cali where Kenne Bell is located, Im up in MN

racegirl1 said:
Hi Smoke-Em

If I purchase this system I'm getting the basic black with the intercooler and would like to get it with 8 psi on my stock motor. With 8 psi I would hope to get anywhere between 450-500 rwhp and still accomplish a safe and streetable tune.

not gona happen at 8 psi expect 430 ish rwhp from a kb setup

firestang70 said:
racegirl your stock motor should handle 8 psi, with a good tune and adequate fuel. I wouldn't raise it more than that without putting forged internals in the motor. Good luck! Sounds like an awesome setup!
some have let go with 8 psi.......its a gamble. if you want to play, you have to pay.

its not a gamble if its done right.

any car that let go at 8 psi needs to have the tuner shot.

i make 538 rwhp with a 11 psi intercooled novi 2k ON A MUSTANG DYNO and have for over 7000 miles now
i drive my car hard all the time.
these motors when tuned properly will live long lives at and bellow 500 rwhp
if you blew up bellow that the tunes 99 percent sure to be to blame or a bad tank of gas.

I have the KB 2.4L intercooled kit installed on my 05 and I'm running 8lbs of boost. It makes 426rwhp and 385 ft lbs of torque. My other mods are a bassani o/r x-pipe and axle back exhaust. The best way I can describe the car is evil. The car has no problem lighting the tires up through 1st and 2nd. I've had the kit installed for about a month now and no problems. Gas mileage is 17 city and 24 highway, when I'm driving "normally". If your thinking about this kit, go for it! I promise you won't be disappointed.