Kenny Brown Diff Bushings?

MiamiFan1354

Mar 2, 2004
I've had my car for a few days now, and I love it, but wheel hop is def something the SVT will have to look into for the 2007 cobra. That being said, has anyone used these bushings and have they helped? Just curious. They are relatively inexpensive, and if they work, would be worth it at 1000.

• Sponsors (?)

The KB IRS torque brace is almost identical to the stock 03/04 Cobra IRS brace so we have no need to upgrade. Compared to the 99 IRS brace though, it is a lot beefier!

The bushings will help with the wheel hop, but won't eliminate it. Good sticky tires and warm weather seem to make the most difference. A stiffer set of rear shocks seems to help too.

MiamiFan1354 - do a search here in the SVT forums on a user by the name of wjfawb0. He just did a bushing replacement and he posted pictures of the operation. The bushings are inexpensive, but the install is not the most fun!

U.M.

A friend of mine that had Kenny Brown do a lot of work on his Cobra including blower, full suspension and such, got a call. He was asked if he would like to have the new aluminum bushings installed....Brown claimed it nearly eliminated wheel hop.

My buddy has a 560RWHP Cobra. He did upgrade to the 03 Cobra 1/2 shafts. If he does have them installed I'll get you a report on what he thinks.

I just got a set of KB alum IRS Diff bushings delivered last night. They will be installed once I also get my MM coil-over kit that is due in anyday. So maybe early next week.

I will let you know how it works out. But since I am adding coil-overs at the same time I will not know for sure the effects of just the bushings.

Without a doubt I have not set my expectations that this will fix the wheel hop, a solid axle is needed for the cure, but I am hoping it will help some.

BTW the bushing were like $70+ shipping.

John