Keyless Entry Question

DarkProphet

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Quakertown, PA
Hey guys, I never had keyless since ive owned my car, but it does have the box for it. I looked up remotes on ebay and searched by "GQ43VT4T" which I believe is the fcc number I need. Two different ones come up though, and thats where I got confused. I found remotes with and without a trunk button. Does the trunk open function work on ours cars? If not Ill just get the three button without it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

here are some instructions on how to program remote... located the plastic box in the picture then locate the gray connector circled in white in the picture and use paper clip or wire and make a connection to the two pins within the grey connector and the locks should cycle to lock then unlock position you will be able to hear this from the trunk area easily after the locks cycle lock then unlock you have approx 10 seconds. to push the lock button on the key fob the locks will cycle lock to unlock again then you press the lock button on the other key fob and the locks will cycle lock and unlock again you can do this up to 4 times for 4 different fobs...

trunklk.jpg

yes the trunk function does work and ensure you get the correct one which has the codes
FCC ID : GQ43VT4T, DOC : 1470 K763, TRW INC. 3165189 on the back i got mine off e-bay for about $20....

Are these codes the same...ie is this what I would need as well or do I have to go look for individual #'s off my car? Lost my little key chain thing years ago...bout time to replace it.

a key fob with these numbers on the back FCC ID : GQ43VT4T, DOC : 1470 K763, TRW INC. 3165189 will work on any 94-98 mustang if it has the keyless entry module in the trunk as in the picture above...but the fob has to be programed to the individual vehicle as directions state above and my05gt you are correct i forgot to advise that the ignition has to be in the on position....thanks.

Is there anyway to look up and tell if your car came w/ keyless entry? i know it was a pretty much a standard item, but i have looked in the trunk on the driver and pass side, i dont have it. Just wanted to knowif it was removed or just didnt come with it.

Any suggestions on a good aftermarket system or should i go factory?

If your car came with keyless entry...the best way to find out is to lock the car and pull the door handle. If the dome light comes on then you have keyless entry. If you don't then the light wont come on until you open the door. As for aftermarket ones I dont know of any good ones.

I have a '95 vert GT that I need to program the remote on, I tore out all the trunk trim and can't find anything that looks like what's in the picture? Would the pins I need to jump be somewhere else in teh 95?