keyless entry

so i just tried to start my car for the first time since winter. and no crank. i figured out that it has to do with the security system. unfortunatly i just moved and cant find my keyfob to unlock. basically im saying is there anyway to override this with out the key fob or do i have to go rummaging:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Have you already ruled out the battery, etc? Especially since its been sitting. Im assuming your vehicle has the anti theft system installed. Does the theft light illuminate? Ive never worked on a SN95 with anti theft but the newer vehicles with PATS will illuminate the theft light when theres a PATS problem. Sometimes a bad starter will cause a problem similar to a PATS problem as a junior tech here found out:rlaugh:

you can bypass the relay that is used as a kill switch in the alarm.
depending on the alarm there might be more than one relay, so make sure you have the right one before disconnecting.
to find it i would get access to the alarm brain, there should be a diagram on it. either a sticker, or molded onto the case of the brain, use plenty of light.
look for the color of the wire label ignition or IGN. follow that and it will help you find the relay.

btw for next winter battery tender FTW