Ladder bars vs. contol arms and swaybars

jazzyjeff

Aug 30, 2006
I am starting to build my first race car for the 1/4 mile, an 83 notchback. I am planning a 408ci/600hp/C4/brake/8.8, tubeular frontend/to run low 10's @ 130 MPH/2900lbs. What is the hot set up for rear suspension in this class of car? I have TRZ U/L CA's now but no sway bar. Tube chassis Design tells me the way to go is with a ladder bar rear suspension but I haven't talked yet with anyone who has gone this route. Any input will be much appreciated.
Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

first you need to figure out what your intensions are with the car... you ever plan on running heads up? is it just going to be a bracket car? ladder bar suspension limit you as to what class you can run...

there is plenty of stock suspension stuff that will work for you... a good ladder bar set up with coil overs and all that will cost you... your trz stuff with a wolfe or upr type anti roll bar is plenty for a 10 second car and will 60ft just as good ladder bars. in my opinion ladder bars are for more high powered cars we run them on our outlaw car but I run stock style stuff on my dragradial car.... my old set up was upr upper and lowers upr anti roll bar and stock springs I would 60ft 1.40-1.50 all the time and go 9.30's @ 150

If you go anywhere for suspension/cage work DMC is the best around they are down the road from tube chassis and there work and customer relations are far better... tell him little Pat sent you

1-781 - 871 - 7673

www.dmcracing.com