Late model OEM 6 CD in a Fox

Pop-Pops-Pony

Founding Member
Nov 5, 2001
Sharpsburg, MD.
Looking to put a OEM 6 CD Head Unit in a 91 coupe...

I know after market would be easier but I want the big buttons and rotary knobs... :)

Anyway does any body have a source and part numbers for plugs to the back of the head unit, a pin out giving the wire color to hook up the HU(power,speakers), and-or any suggestions on how to mount the head unit ????

I know there's a couple different OEM HU's out there and one that needs the factory amp to work but I think the one I got will be OK by itself...

• Sponsors (?)

well i have done this it is VERY time consuming.
You need to find what car your pulling the late model unit out of well say 02 explorer b/c it is what i have done.

I baught a wire harness for the explorer and hooked it up, thats how i knew what wires were what so i marked them on both sides, b/c i didn't know they made an aftermarket harness that would plug into the h/u (i think they make one now), so i chopped the factory harness out to use it in the other car.

So once you know what each wire is its a simple switch,buy a wire harness for your fox and plug and play. you have to make a custom din reducer/holder,there is not much reducing, it worked well, for a stock sounding radio.

still would be crappy with amps b/c no RCA out put unless you use a line converter which is B/S.

ill see if i can find some pics, but it was not hard and looked pretty good.