launching strategies?

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
Even though I dont plan on going to the track anytime soon (put her on stands and covered her today :-( ), joining these boards has gotten me even more fired up about my car, so I was just wondering what launching strategies you guys can share... Ive never done an official quarter, just red light kinda stuff. Right now I rev to about 3 grand and ride the clutch kinda hard, that usually gives me a decent jump (except those damn AWD Subarus and 3000gts!) but I think theres gotta be a better way.

Ive probably got about 260-270 rwhp with the following mods:

- Pro 5.0 shifter
- 3.27 gears
- 9mm wiring
- subframe connectors
- shorty headers
- catted x-pipe
- 2 chamber mufflers
- jet chip
- K+N filter
- 65mm TB
- 45K iginition coils

if that helps at all

- rookie

• Sponsors (?)

If you are able to do what you said, that is exactly what you shoulf do at the track on street tires if you are able to. mastering clutch slip is not an easy thing to do, but it is the key to getting good 60's on street tires. I used to launch at 2000-2500rpms on street tires and cut 2.08-2.09 60's (my best ever on pure street tires has been a 1.91) by slipping out the clutch. Do just enough burnout to clean off the tires and stage as shallow as possible, meaning pull forward just enough to break the second beam, this will give a few inches head start before the timer starts.

I was looking at the mod list above and kind of doubt that would result in that much RWHP. With stock intake and heads and no power adder, doesn't seem possible to me. Maybe I'm missing something? I would think more like 220 RWHP at most.

DSG02, I missed that one.

Black95GTS- You don't have anywhere near 260rwhp, you are lucky if you even have 220, I'm thinking more like 200-210rwhp as all you have for power upgrades are exhaust, a K&N, and a chip which won't add much at all. You will not get over ~245rwhp with the stock heads and cam.