Left or Right?

Route666

Aug 16, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I'm in Oz, as you al probably know, and if a car is 30+ years old, it can stay LHD. I can't decide whether to convert it to RHD, which would be safer, easier to see out of, feel better (holding a gearstick in my right hand feels goonky). On the other hand, it may be cheaper and easier to get parts if it isn't converted, also it stays more original, and doesn't get chopped up, which saves money as well. Also, having it LHD would be kind of unique, and most likely shock police into forgetting what they pulled me over for.

Anyways, what does everyone think?

• Sponsors (?)

I think you should just petition the government to encourage driving on the correct side of the road just like most of the civilized world (cept for those crazy brits and japanese). I was riding in a Skyline last year (RHD) and i was the passenger freaking out the other drivers by shouting "i lost my steering wheel please help' or just staring at the passenger at the other car while we were driving. Surprisingly it took the other car a while to notice the steering wheel was on the opposite side of the car, and until they noticed, they usually had this crazed/worried look on their face :D

Phhh I dunno, sounds like a lot of effort :p Anyways, I doubt it will happen, I mean making a whole city or country drive on the opposite side one day wouldn't work too well. There'd be people who didn't get the message, and some that forget, plus don't forget all the cars already RHD. Anyways, I know you had to be joking (I sure hope you were lol).

Visibility on a 69 sportsroof isn't very good is it?, so I think that having LHD and bad visibility wouldn't be safe.