Legand Lime Mustang GT !!!!! (Impressions)

Legend Lime Mustang GT !!!!! (Impressions)

Wow !!!

I finally got to check out a '05 Mustang GT in Legend Lime. Our local dealership (very small) finally got a GT on the showroom floor that we could look at. As it was snowing, we decided to check it out. However, there would be no test drive............ LOL.

First off, the color looks awesome in person. Much better than in the pictures. As does the entire car. The paint quality was very good, and the fit and finish on the exterior was very good also. The biggie for me was the interior. While some of the plastics may not be the best, the fit and finish inside was amazing. As someone who bought a Mustang GT new in 1991, the difference is so huge that it is almost unbelievable. The ergonomics were close to excellent. I even loved the retro style guages. While some may think the vents look cheap, I thought they looked very nice......... and they operated very nicely. The IUP looked amazing in the dark interior. The seats, while looking very similar to last years, are night and day better. They are very comfortable, felt like they would hold you in well, and the leather even felt nice and supple.

I guess the biggest impression the car made on me was of its newfound refinement. The doors even had wonderful substance, and closed with that satisfying thunk that is so hard to describe.

I was very impressed, as was my husband............ and our 2.5 year old. :)

When the convertibles come out, it will be very hard to resist. (I am trying to boycott buying new Ford products for a while due to the Lightning situation).

BTW, this car was an automatic, with the Shaker 500, IUP, and a few other things. The sticker was a very reasonable $28,200. As much as I have liked the car in pictures............. they really do not do it justice at all.

Ford........... :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

01LightningGal said:
Wow !!!

BTW, this car was an automatic, with the Shaker 500, IUP, and a few other things. The sticker was a very reasonable $28,200.

Ford........... :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

$28,200! Ouch! I'd have asked the salesperson, "this is a Mustang GT, right?"

That was MSRP. I wasn't trying to buy it, so I didn't negotiate on the price.

That said, I paid $18K for my '91 GT. It didn't have leather, it didn't have a Shaker 500 stereo, it had the build quality of a Cavalier, and paint quality hadn't been heard of, and there was no such thing as ergonomics. Oh yea, it also had rear drum brakes.

Maybe my perspective is a little different than yours, as I am 40 years old. However, I feel the MSRP is more than reasonable for a newly redesigned car on its own brand new platform.

01LightningGal said:
That was MSRP. I wasn't trying to buy it, so I didn't negotiate on the price.

Maybe my perspective is a little different than yours, as I am 40 years old. However, I feel the MSRP is more than reasonable for a newly redesigned car on its own brand new platform.

Oh, I didn't know that the price was MSRP. I thought that there was some kind of mark-up; I saw a silver GT, with cloth interior, IUP, polished aluminum wheels, my color option, for about $25,900. Sticker on my GT was $25,705, with a $625 destination charge. That's why $28K was surprising to me.

edit: I see, now, that the car you looked at had an automatic -- I know that costs more.

White05GT said:
Oh, I didn't know that the price was MSRP. I thought that there was some kind of mark-up; I saw a silver GT, with cloth interior, IUP, polished aluminum wheels, my color option, for about $25,900. Sticker on my GT was $25,705, with a $625 destination charge. That's why $28K was surprising to me.

edit: I see, now, that the car you looked at had an automatic -- I know that costs more.
where'd you get 25k from
even if you go to fords page and build your own GT Premium , after adding stuff like IUP, Shaker500 ,Active anti theft and the Auto tranny you end up closer to 28k rather than 25k,,,, 25 k is the very basic price with basically nothin added on

Just go to ford's site and as soon as you switch from deluxe to premium your base price goes to 26K

EXAMPLE

RisingForce said:
where'd you get 25k from
even if you go to fords page and build your own GT Premium , after adding stuff like IUP, Shaker500 ,Active anti theft and the Auto tranny you end up closer to 28k rather than 25k,,,, 25 k is the very basic price with basically nothin added on

Just go to ford's site and as soon as you switch from deluxe to premium your base price goes to 26K

EXAMPLE

Where'd I get 25K from? That's what my sticker says. I got the leather and Shaker 500 but did not get the IUP or automatic. I guess I got "nothin added on." I'll do my add-ons though the aftermarket. I keep forgetting that side air bags are another pricey option some of these cars are coming with.

White05GT said:
Where'd I get 25K from? That's what my sticker says. I got the leather and Shaker 500 but did not get the IUP or automatic. I guess I got "nothin added on." I'll do my add-ons though the aftermarket. I keep forgetting that side air bags are another pricey option some of these cars are coming with.
scan that window sticker and post it for us :)